Thread: Error message Try hd(0,0): NTFS5: No wubildr during boot Ubuntu

Error message Try hd(0,0): NTFS5: No wubildr during boot Ubuntu

I had ubuntu installed as a program in vista but it ran nice with the dual boot. In this system when I am trying to boot this system then it shows the error message as “Try hd(0,0): NTFS5: No wubildr”. Then immediately it displays a black terminal window. I try to do something on it but I still get this error message. Any solutions regarding this issue will be appreciated.

Re: Error message Try hd(0,0): NTFS5: No wubildr during boot Ubuntu

I have exactly the same problem. I use a wubi to solve this problem. Wubi is at best a way to test ubuntu for a few days. Wubi is an officially supported Ubuntu installer for Windows users. This wubi helps to access the Ubuntu on their Windows PC without making a partition or running it from a CD. Hence if you have the problem regading this issue, then use this application on your laptop. This will be solve your problem.

My advice is uninstall Ubuntu from Windows using the Control Panel. The next step is to be perform an rebooting task on it. Then after that using the compatible instllation CD of this ubuntu you can able to install it in well mannered. The wubi type of software helps to do this Dual boot installation task.

You may be able to recover the old boot.ini with specialized tools. The boot.ini for the Ubuntu is to be holds the setting information that can be able to find and then fix this kind of problem. this tools is an installer that can boot the Ubuntu installation from a FAT or NTFS partition. This tools also holds the previous system setting. Then you can use this tools for the data recovery as well as the set the proper setting on this system. Then in result, this would be help a lot for solving such kind of problem.

After a lot of try to install Ubuntu with windows XP I catch this Try (HD 0,0): NTFS5 No Wubildr error message at the time of booting the system. LIVE CD of your linux distro which is also compatible with this Ubuntu has to be help to fix this problem. it will be really work and in response this will be solve your complicated problem.

It has a issue with the Ubuntu side-by-side dual boot. In that case, you need to first check that the real problem of this installation. The Ubuntu system has to be gives some kind of compatibility problem with the preinstalled windows system. But now there are few of the wubi type of software help to solve this kind of problem. Hence I think you have know that for fixing this problem the wubi is the best way for solve this problem. Then try this and see what happen on your system.

If this dual boot makes such error then the best is to be use an reinstallation task. There is necessary to initially perform searching the ubuntu drive on this system. Then find and perform the proper uninstall task on it. Then reboot and reinstall this on your laptop. This solve such problem.

Updating the ubuntu software program on your windows OS could also work to fix this problem. try this and see what happen on it. This updating the system will be perform with using the inbuilt facility. In that case, you need to use this and it will be help to you for performing any kind of task on it. Then there is never any dual boot task on it. If you want to try and fix error message then the upgrading the system OS will be best way.

Wubi simply adds an Ubuntu entry to your Windows boot loader. This wubi will be providing the facility to do this task. I’m running wubi 8.04 on vista home premium. Whenever I got such kind of problem then I perform the upgrading task on this wubi software. It works and in result it solves such kind of problem.

I am using wubi on my win 7 laptop and I still get this error whenever I use Ubuntu from the boot menu. I think wubi is able to add the boot entry properly for Ubuntu but its not getting loaded.

Has anyone been able to solve this ? I've tried re-installing too but no help. Win7 loads up properly though.
    Last edited by Snitin; 01-01-2012 at 04:53 AM.

on the first partition [ hd(0,0) ] you are having the small (FAT) partition which has been used by the Windows and it stored the MBR. The Second partition [ hd(0,1) ] is your C drive where the entire windows has been installed and Wubi installs Ubuntu as well. Windows MBR seems to searching for wubildr which is located at the first partition and into the second partition Wubi is installed.
    to resolve the matter you have to copy and paste wubildr to 1st partition. You can easily get access to the Windows MBR Partition by using Ubuntu LiveCD and it will be listed as a System Reserved or Z.
    you should not delete the wubilbr from the second partition.