Thread: Glib-WARNING**: getpwuid_r() failed on Ubuntu

Glib-WARNING**: getpwuid_r() failed on Ubuntu

I get this error when shutting down and booting Ubuntu 10.04 on my laptop. This error also mentions that it happens due to unknown user id (0). I don’t know the basic idea behind this problem. I was looking in Google how to hide this message but I haven't found anything. Any help regarding this will be appreciates.

Re: Glib-WARNING**: getpwuid_r() failed on Ubuntu

I don't think, that you did something wrong, because i got this warning too. In that case, you need to apply the latest updates on this system. This update will be work to solve such kind of problem and in result; it will be solve your complicated error message. Then try this and see what happens on it.

I remember I see it very often in ubuntu installed system too. The other way is to be use an LiveUSB and with this help of this you need to install Ubuntu 10.04 on this system. This will be performing a reinstallation task on it. Then in response it will be fix such kind of problem with a correct manner. A live USB is a USB flash drive containing a full operating system which can be booted. In short this is the booting device that is to be holds all the installation related support files and format. This solve your problem.

Using method to boot this ubuntu system without plymouth doesn't show that error on your system. Plymouth is the application which provides the graphical "bootsplash" for Ubuntu.

This warning message is related to a warning during booting your ubuntu system. Then you need to Just start the nscd service. Executing the /etc/init.d/nscd start command on your terminal window will be help to fix this kind of problem. The terminal windows then help to perform this ubuntu booting taks with the proper way.

Can you do Ctl+Alt+F2 and log in as root in console? Plymouth was deemed unstable and not included in LMDE. When Ubuntu first introduced PulseAudio, it was one hell of a plight for the end-user. The Plymouth will be work to do this kind of task onto it. This is the best that can be work to solve this kind of problem. Then use this Plymouth on your ubuntu and it will be help to you for fixing this real kind of problem. it works smoothly on any kind of system.

The error messages is specifically coming from Plymouth. Then go to the terminal window and type on it that following command.
    sudo update-alternatives --install /lib/plymouth/themes/default.plymouth default.plymouth
    then perform an update task on it.

Same error was in my ubuntu system. In that system, at the time of booting this system, it gives this problem. I don’t know why this happen but I read several articles to find the real solution of this problem. I found following command. Then I execute it and in result, this will be fix my system problem. this command is to be
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash" in GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet"
    Then execute it and immediately run the below command.
    sudo update-grub
    Try this and see what happen on it.

On encrypted system with plymouth I get this error. Then I read the related articles of this laptop. These articles provide me the guidance to perform such kind of error fixing technique. In this system the command helps to view the number of theme on it.
    $ plymouth-set-default-theme –list
    Then use it and It will be help to me for solving such kind of problem.

Thanks for the guide but I think the manual also help to fix this problem. I also have the warning from time to time. This manual provides the facility to explain the real problem behind this error message. The official site also helps to do the same kind of task. Use such expert advice and then execute the mentioned command on it. This solves your problem.