Thread: Ubuntu gives “The disk drive for /media/sda2 is not ready yet” message during reboot

Ubuntu gives “The disk drive for /media/sda2 is not ready yet” message during reboot

I tried to upgrade to the newest ubuntu version Ubuntu 10.04 OS on laptop. I use this OS with the windows 7 on this laptop. After finishing this process, I try to reboot this task. In this rebooting task I got the “The disk drive for /media/sda2 is not ready yet” message. I don’t know why this happen on it. Then it gives few options as Continue to wait, press S to skip or M for manual recovery. I need best solution to fix this problem. Thanks for any help.

Re: Ubuntu gives “The disk drive for /media/sda2 is not ready yet” message during reboot

It could be happen because of the installation of the Ubuntu system didn’t finished properly. In that case, we need to perform an reinstallation task on it. Then you need to first use the proper uninstall on it. Then reboot this system and with the help of bootable installation CD perform this Ubuntu OS installation on it. Try this process, it definitely solve your problem.

Re: Ubuntu gives “The disk drive for /media/sda2 is not ready yet” message during reboot

The upgrade this ubuntu version could also help to solve this kind of problem. hence I suggest to you for use the inbuilt online upgrade process of this system. This helps to install additional features on this system. It works as well for avoiding such serious kind of problem.

There are few main reasons could be contains behind this problem. it could be possible that you have not properly perform the Ubuntu installation task on this laptop. Because of the windows 7 present on it, it could be possible that this can’t work with the ubuntu system. Then the better way is to be use one of the OS between this two system. The other thing is to be also try to format all the hard disk and then make partition on it. Then use the fresh as well as correct installation to perform this installation task with an well manner. You can take help of manual to do this task.

The same kind of problem arrives on my system. Then I had to back up all of my stuff off my computer onto a portable hard drive. The next is to be click 'S' during boot, and insert the 'nobootwait' option to the volume's options in /etc/fstab. This will be help to solve such kind of removing such kind of error message problem. this is the best that can be remove this problem.

Can you check your /etc/fstab. It is clear the OS is using your hard drive swap rather than your usb swap. Then you need to reconfigure this drive and then reboot your system. This could be makes an effort that can be solve your problem.

If you still faced this kind of problem, then you need to try this solution. This would be work and it will be help to you for accessing all the drives of this system. In that you can open the terminal window. After opening this you need to type sudo gedit /etc/fstab command on it. i'm not sure if thats the correct file on ubuntu. The other way is also try to remount the root file system RW and type "mountall" on this terminal. This might be work and in result, it will be solve your complicated problem.

I think the installation of the Ubuntu will not be finished in well manner. In such case, there is necessary to first realize the basic problem behind this message. The official site gives the explanation of why this message arrives on it. You can also use the help of the Ubuntu manual. Yes, the manual of this system has to be explaining the basic reason behind this problem. In such complicated case, the best is to be use and proper solution. It solves your problem.