Thread: How to fix ureadahead main process (485) terminated with status 5 on ubuntu

How to fix ureadahead main process (485) terminated with status 5 on ubuntu

I have work on the ubuntu 10.04 64 bit OS and now this system gives an ureadahead-other main "(485)" process terminated with status 5. I need to solve such error on Ubuntu system. Thanks for any help.

Re: How to fix ureadahead main process (485) terminated with status 5 on ubuntu

I have the same message on this ubuntu system and then I decided to perform the OS reinstallation task on it. Hence first I perform the uninstalation of the ubuntu on this laptop. Then I reboot this system. At this rebooting time, I use the installation CD to make the fresh installation of ubuntu on this laptop. This process has to be work and in response the system has to be performing the kinds of several predefined task on it.

Updating the kernel to 2.6.36 on this Ubuntu system will also work to solve such kind of problem. This will be work and at the end it will be solve such kind of problem. Linux has released the 2.6.36 kernel with only a small number of changes. I am not sure about the compatibility question but this will be work most of the time to solve such kind of problem. There is an online update options available on this Ubuntu system. Use this and check the performance of your system that whether it gives the same problem or not.

What ureadahead does is work out what portion of which files we really require, and read the whole thing from the disk into memory in one go. The ubuntu is to be use an 100MB and 200MB of data onto it. This will be help to properly reboot this system. Then if the disk can’t able to provide this size of memory on this system, then the best way is remove all the unnecessary data on the memory disk. This will be might solve the problem.

This ureadahead works like as an cache memory. If you have faced such kind of problem on your system then you need to check that this ureadahead will be properly or not. This ureadahead help to fastly load the memory content on this system. In that case, clean the system memory will also help to solve this kind of trouble.

First you need to edit /etc/fstab on the hard drive root filesystem and then boot to Ubuntu live CD. The Ubuntu live CD works on this system and the ureadahead works well to perform each assigned task. Next is to be Copy var partition data onto the /var folder. This folder contains inside the of the root partition and it will be help to you for fix such problems. Then try to do this copying content on your system. I think you got the real solution on this system.

The same kind of problem I also faced. Then I decided to use an special task on it. I’ve been use an download a CD image and then do an install it on your system. This will be work and in response it works to solve such kind of problems. I read this solution on the official article site.

There is an proper way available to do this task. The system has to be contains the /etc/fstab [ sudo gedit /etc/fstab folder. You need to open this folder path. Then you need to remove the entries that you inserted manually on this location. Then perform this manual mount task on this drives at start up. Finally perform reboot this ubuntu machine. This will be solving your problem.

This can be fixed by directly remove the file:/etc/init/ureadahead.conf. This is the simplest way that can be work on most of the situation. Hence try this and locate the performance after this task on your laptop system.

I am having similar error on Ubuntu Server 9.04 version. then I decided to perform the system OS upgrade task on it. I use this upgrade task and I upgraded it to the 9.10 version. suddenly it works and this kind of problem can’t been arrive on my laptop system. I think you also need to use this strategy on this ubuntu system. Try this and see what happens on it. For more information you can contact ubuntu expert.