Thread: Windows 7 video is not proper on Intel Desktop Board D510MO

Windows 7 video is not proper on Intel Desktop Board D510MO

How to fix an video display issue of system using Intel Desktop Board D510MO motherboard. The system was working fine, but due to some upgrades it started giving

trouble especially on video. Sometime in between the screen goes black and after some seconds it returns. This was very less before, but no increased and sometime the screen only appears after a fresh reboot. I checked the display connection it is fine. There are no broken pins in them. Second, I also connected the monitor to different working system and there was no issue. So the monitor goes out of the list. Then issues simply lies either with my operating system or with my motherboard. I am able to track the root cause.

I did the following things :
    • Changed the dispaly cable
    • Changed the power outlet of monitor
    • Connected the monitor to working system

What more can be done here from the software part. Thanks in advance.

Re: Windows 7 video is not proper on Intel Desktop Board D510MO

The VGA support on your system needs proper driver to work. Restart your PC and press F8 continuously at the start. You will enter safe mode. The resolution here is limited to 640 X 480 and 16 colors. This is the display mode used in safe mode. You can from here troubleshoot various errors from your system. You can also uninstall your old drive and install a fresh one back again. Check that, those blanks screen appears. If not then the issue is not related to your motherboard, but to the operating system. There can be some kind of services like Screensaver which is not able to load properly and cause a blank screen issue. This is an most common issue while playing games. Disable your screensaver from Display Properties and see once again for sometime.

That simply shows that the hardware issues is related to corrupt video driver. You can re-install that. Search for the driver cd of your motherboard and run all drivers setup once again.

It can be a fault with the motherboard also. You can carry the same to a service center if you have a warranty pending. Other than this the motherboard is a bit outdated and I will recommend you to run Windows XP on it.

It can be due to outdated drivers. If your windows update is one, it can also happen due to that. As Windows might have taken some additional updates related to your video and it is not configured properly. It also happens due to improper installation or incorrect removal of some applications, drivers, etc where old files are still present in your pc causing trouble. I will recommend you to start with an new installation or video driver upgrade. Do this for other also not only for video. Verify the vga cable connected. Due to broken wires in between causes no display aur faulty display. As you check that already we will more future. You can update the drivers directly from Device Manager by right clicking on the monitor and running the drivers updates.

Download and run CCleaner and Driver Sweeper. This two tools will help you to wipe out old files from your system. Run Driver Sweeper to remove old useless drivers and then run CCleaner to remove invalid registry entries. To start it is good to uninstall normally, if you have not did this before then you can also manage the same from Control Panel > Add or Remove program. After the uninstall reboot the system and make it boot in Safe Mode. After restarting in Safe Mode, cancel any driver installation. As windows will try to automatically install the newly found hardware. Now run Driver Sweeper and run it to scan and clean up your system.

Once done reboot in normal mode and then insert your motherboard drive disc. Give the install hardware wizard the disc location and update the driver.

Rajmesterio Guest

Windows 7 needs good video memory and I don't think this motherboard can have that much output. Add a graphic card if needed. That will help you a lot. But you will have to search for an proper graphic card for this mobile board.

I have some troubleshooting steps that can help you to fix this. At start we will begin by installing or replacing the display card driver. You can do that in safe mode as mentioned above. Read the following lines and check what is the exact issues. I had mentioned the reason for those problems also :
    1. Sometime there are regular lines on the screen flickering. This is due to telephone line near the system
    2. Error denoting not connected to display card is caused due to faulty display card.
    3. If the colors on the screen are not proper then it can be due to defective tube
    4. If the screen colors are not properly or it gives you overflow frequency then adjust the screen resolution.
    5. Reduce the refresh rate for avoiding such issues.
    6. If your screen is darker then what it was before, it needs a replacement.
    7. If blank screen appears while using some application or playing games, then fix the resolution and update direct X