Thread: How to access CHMOD on Mac OSX

How to access CHMOD on Mac OSX

I have desktop at my home from last three months. I am using the Mac OS x for my system. I am new to this kind of device. I don’t have any problem with the working of the device till last week but after that I faced some serious problem with it. Here I am giving an actual problem. When I trying to install the program on my Linux host then I get the error message to CHMOD a document to 777 in order to have it work. I am unable to understand how I can do this. Can anyone give me some suggestion to solve my problem? Please help me.

Re: How to access CHMOD on Mac OSX

I can give you simple solution. So for solving this problem you have to use the some commands in the command prompt which I am giving you here.
    chmod 777 <filename>
    By the use of this technique you can easily access the chmod of required file.

Hang on, this is a doc on a remote computer you need to chmod or is the file on your machine? If it’s on the remote machine you need to do the following:
    • You have to open terminal (applications:utilities)
    • Then you have to type SSH -l <account name on remote server> <IP/DNS of remote server> (for example ssh -l badger 62.31.22.145
    • after that you have to enter your password
    • Then you should type cd <location of file> (eg cd /~/reallycoolapp/ (the ~ denotes your home directory))
    • Then you have to type chmod 777 <filename>
    • After that you have to type ./<filename>

I think you could probably in addition do it utilizing the "Get information" relevant menu. This is probably to a small extent more effortless than utilizing the terminal for someone unique to UNIX. In this case 777 indicate peruse and compose consent to the people.

I read your problem and then try to search on the web for the solution. I found that BBEdit had Open from FTP Server alternative.

1. Document > Open from FTP Server >
    2. Dropped in my server information, username, secret key,
    3. Click on ‘Connect’
    4. Then clicked on the documents and envelopes and pressed 'Get Info' and went with the CHMOD settings that way.

In this way you can easily access the CHMOD in your system.

I want to say that in OS X you needn't utilize the terminal to update permission. You are able to do it from Aqua. Utilizing Linux, I don't know if your window director composes this conceivable or not. Most possibly it can just be finished utilizing the terminal and this is what most Linux users do.

The vast majority of the times unless you are determined to positively get into the Unix of Mac OS X you would like to Chmod. Mac OS X's managing framework and requisitions have particularly particular authorities that you would like to mess around with. With Mac OS X 10.1.5 and up you are able to run an Apple utility to settle freedoms to match the template of the working framework's looked for freedoms: Notwithstanding for Mac OS X 10.2 and up, utilization the Applications-> Utilities-> Disk Utility-> First Aid tab-> select the hard circle and hit the Repair Permissions bind if your machine will boot to the desktop. One technique to altering some machines that won't boot the hard circle with 10.2 and up is utilize the Mac OS X 10.2 installer CD's Disk Utility in the Installer menu. There is a utility called batchmod which will adjust freedoms in group, provided that you recognize what you are doing. Folks who don't can render their entire framework unbootable. Just utilize it provided that you are certain what you are doing. One of my partners utilized it and not just made his hard drive unbootable, but likewise his CD drives.

I can give you some information on this topic. First you have to open the terminal (Applications folder). Then you have to type as: man chmod. This will give you the manual for chmod (command). You are able to utilize this for actually regarding any Unix based utility in OS X or linux or BSD.