Thread: Cannot complete the windows 7 installation in my acer computer

Cannot complete the windows 7 installation in my acer computer

Please do listen to what I am saying here. me and my friend had got a acer computer from one of my friends well the os that my friend was running is the windows xp and now I want to install windows 7 in my system. Now we had brought the system In the factory reset setting and now during the installation of windows 7 in it I got an error saying that “Windows could not complete the installation. To install windows on this computer, restart the installation.” Now I tried various methods of installing windows in it then also none of then worked for me, so can anyone tell me what can be the issue here, any clue what has gone wrong here, then please do let me know about it as soon as possible. Your suggestions will be really helpful foe me so do reply as fast as possible.

Re: Cannot complete the windows 7 installation in my acer computer

Quote Originally Posted by KSHaUNiSHa View Post
    Please do listen to what I am saying here. me and my friend had got a acer computer from one of my friends well the os that my friend was running is the windows xp and now I want to install windows 7 in my system. Now we had brought the system In the factory reset setting and now during the installation of windows 7 in it I got an error saying that “Windows could not complete the installation. To install windows on this computer, restart the installation.” Now I tried various methods of installing windows in it then also none of then worked for me, so can anyone tell me what can be the issue here, any clue what has gone wrong here, then please do let me know about it as soon as possible. Your suggestions will be really helpful foe me so do reply as fast as possible.
    Just start installing windows 7 in the safe mode first and then later on if it does not work then do let me know about it. I will suggest you some different method for it. So that’s what I want to say here.

Quote Originally Posted by kraal View Post
    Just start installing windows 7 in the safe mode first and then later on if it does not work then do let me know about it. I will suggest you some different method for it. So that’s what I want to say here.
    Dude I gave a try for the same but it did not work for me at all. I did try installing windows 7 in the safe mode as well but the system did not allow me to install windows 7 in the safe mode at all. so that’s the situation over here, can you suggest me something else for the same. I know that’s the basic solution that you would suggest but unfortunately for me it has not worked at all, so that’s why suggest me something else guys, waiting for the necessary help from you all on this. do reply ok guys.

I think so for me the best option would be to get started with the fresh installation of the operating system, I think that would be the ideal solution for you. so that’s what you need to do. So first format your system and then do a installation that will be fine for you. Just pop in the installation CD and then reboot the system when you get started the system will automatically aks you if you want to boot the system from CD and then you have to select that appropriate option and that’s it. nothing else. So hope you have got the necessary information on the same. this is the most simplest method that I know as far as I know let me know if that worked out or not.

Why don’t you go ahead with the custom installation. I think that would be the better option for you. so that’s what I am saying here. Why to make use of the entire installation that will be of no use at all. just delete all the partitions and select custom installation now use the UNpartitiond disk for the installation purpose and there is nothing that you have to do. Also the small changes that you need to do in the bios is that you will have to select AHCI in it, that will be a better option.

Quote Originally Posted by windows_user View Post
    Why don’t you go ahead with the custom installation. I think that would be the better option for you. so that’s what I am saying here. Why to make use of the entire installation that will be of no use at all. just delete all the partitions and select custom installation now use the UNpartitiond disk for the installation purpose and there is nothing that you have to do. Also the small changes that you need to do in the bios is that you will have to select AHCI in it, that will be a better option.
    Hey thanks guys that was fab and that worked for me, so thanks a lot for all the suggestions that you have given here, appreciated. Anyways what I want to say is that at first I was a bit confused whether I should go with the custom installation or rather should try something else but now I am, very much cleared in what should I do. So I went ahead with the custom installation and that worked for me, so thanks a lot for suggesting me that important point.

Guys can you please help me with this one. I had got Aspireone D255E net-book sometimes ago and I did try with all the suggestions that are given above and sorry none of them did not work for me at all. so that’s what I want to say here. so any solution that you have for me. I don’t know not a clean installation nor the custom installation has worked for me at all. so expecting you all to rescue me out of this. do reply guys.

Dude just check out for the systems minimum requirement out there and that will tell you where are you missing out right now. I am sure that will be the best appropriate suggestion that I can give you as of now, so do work on that and let me know if that was helpful for you.

Dude i am saying that i have tried with i was the first person to check out the minimum system requirements in the manual and i did not get any information out of it. Thats the issue over here. So that's the reason why i have come here seeking some help from you all but it seems you all have signed out giving a very much simple solution for the issue, anyways thanks a lot for the efforts that you have put up here. Look if you can solve out the issue then do let me know about it. I am still waiting for the necessary help.