Thread: Should I go for Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit?

Should I go for Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit?

Hello friends,
    I am having the Compaq Presario CQ50-112eo. The processor is 2 GHz AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile Processor RM-70, memory is 3072 MB DDR2, graphics are from NVIDIA GeForce 8200M as well as 256 out of 1407 MB are devoted to that. The actual OS with which the laptop came with was Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium and Service Pack 1 (32-bit). Due to some reason, I need to reinstall the operating system in that and I am really confused between the Windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit. Is there some considerable difference between them? I am looking for some useful comments on this.

Re: Should I go for Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit?

The 64-bit operating system can theoretically represent 2 ^ 64 bits and therefore there remain a lot of headroom up. At the same time it can also handle 4 GB of RAM and less without any problems.

The differences are simple for Windows users to explain: The 32-bit operating systems can only handle a maximum of 4 GB of RAM. This results from the 32-bit characters that can be a maximum number of 2 ^ 32 (= 4,294,967,296 = 4 GB). The latest operating system Windows 7 32 bit can thus only handle 4 GB of RAM. In practice, you will quickly find that Windows 32 bit only just over 3 GB of memory is available. The rest is used by Windows for other data "busy" and cannot be used. Four or more gigabytes of RAM for 32 bit operating systems do not make sense but does not interfere through the operation all over limit since Windows does not recognize easily.

The most important and most basic requirement for the operation of a 64-bit operating system is an appropriate processor, which supports the 64-bit technology. For about 3-5 years of almost 64-bit capable CPUs are available. At Intel, it is the Core 2 Duo series, including some Celeron processors, the AMD Athlon64 and some other models. Only a few low-budget CPUs from the Atom series is still no support 64-bit operating systems.

Another condition is the availability of the appropriate drivers for hardware such as graphics card, wireless stick, TV card, scanner, printer and other USB accessories and add-on cards in the PC. USB flash drives on the other hand are also recognized by 64-bit operating systems directly and are therefore not a problem on the driver CD, the manufacturer of your computer hardware are often already the corresponding 64-bit drivers, otherwise you can click the manufacturer's website, under Support , find the appropriate drivers. Legacy applications typically run on 64-bit operating systems without any problems. May need a new virus scanner or the like her. Most applications like Media Player, Microsoft Office, Instant Messenger, etc. but run perfectly on the 64-bit systems. Typically, every 64-bit application in a 32-bit version available, because this is much more common than the double-bit number.

The expensive full version of Windows 7 includes both 32 and 64-bit edition. The user can even change it after installation but the operating system must be installed to new, so much overhead. For system builders choose the cheaper version, the buyer must directly purchase and cannot switch later.

Anyone who buys a new computer and not worry by lack of drivers for computer accessories should go for the PC with the 4 GB of RAM and the 64 bit version of Windows allow the exchange of the similar operating system as of 32 - to 64-bit is worth the most, while the memory was too short and must be upgraded. 64-bit operating systems are definitely the future and it should no longer be purchased equipment which does not offer drivers for this variant.

If you are having more than 3 GB of Ram in your computer then my recommendation to you is to go for the 64 bit and that will be the best for you.

No drivers are available for your hardware, you need the 64-bit version of the operating system, however, waive or to the appropriate device or a newer set. Some manufacturers are hoping for an increased sale if they do not offer 64-bit drivers for older devices.