Thread: How to make Windows 7 user's folder private

How to make Windows 7 user's folder private

Inside Windows XP there was a choice where I may possibly create every one of my user folders as well as files within my profile private. Within Windows 7 I presently can’t come across the setting anyplace. I have 2 users on my PC. Me (like administrator) as well as my brother(like standard user). At whatever time we search otherwise browse the folders on the PC we obtain numerous results and every one of my documents as well as pictures is showing up. No constraint in any way. We together encompass password protected profiles. Every one of users can search/browse every part of files in every profile on the PC. In Windows XP that merely did not come about. How can I solve this thing?

Re: How to make Windows 7 user's folder private

You do not need to make use of NTFS permissions to that moment. In general, ordinary users can not access your user directory within Documents and Settings. However if they are fraction of local administrators that they are capable. Windows 7 navigate toward C: \ Users \ and right click through your username. Click the Security tab. Delete administrators account by clicking on Edit, then highlighting Administrators and click the Remove button..

Even with Windows 7, you can re-define the user of the computer separately and what rights the user should have to the computer. Likewise, you can lock your private folder from access. This is especially advantageous if the computer is in a public place, such as work or in a club.

To restrict access to a folder from other users can regulate the sharing and security properties of the folder directly from Windows, or use special programs that allow you to restrict access to the folder, even with the use of a password. To restrict access to a folder using the Sharing and security properties of the folder, there is one option. Select the folder with your mouse and click the right button, so it goes on the Protection tab in the new window that appears. Under "Users and Groups" describes those users and groups for which there is some permission on this folder, in the "permissions ...” shows the permissions for the particular user or group with respect to that folder. User2 is the user who created the folder "Private Folder".

The settings of already created accounts (such as display name, its image, the set password and account type) may be at the User Accounts in the Control Panel to change. Through the Manage another account link, link a new account, additional user accounts are created. A new account can be set as a standard user (an account with limited capabilities) or Computer Administrator (an account with full administrative rights).

The difference is that the folders that are located in your user profile is already "private" in the sense that another user (who is not administrator) can access NUON. As for folders that are located in other positions of the disc you can directly use the NTFS permissions.

Thanks to the NTFS file system permits each user in order to encrypt folders. Therefore, additional system users can sight their content except cannot release shift otherwise copy files. There are as well many programs that permit you to conceal folders within Windows, except its utilize is not suggested for the reason that they might be unsuccessful to show otherwise unlock folders. Regarding a year before, Microsoft formed Microsoft Private Folder'',''a program that permits users to encompass a folder locked through password. The program is efficient, whilst numerous users at the moment forgot the password to the directory and enter it over again. For this reason, Microsoft was required to take away the program from download site.

When you share a folder, all subfolders become shared, unless you make the private. You can make your folders private if your drive is formatted with the NTFS file system. You must also have set a password for their users. If you do not have it and want to create it must go to Control Panel - User Accounts - Create a password. From this moment will not have anyone logged in with your password, try to open our private folder will receive the error: "Unable to access C: \ Documents and Settings \ USER. Access Denied”.