Thread: How to Troubleshoot Imac

How to Troubleshoot Imac

Hello friends I am using Apple iMac G5 desktop computer and it was working properly but from last some days my I am facing problem with my iMac G5. Now whenever I start my computer at that time I can see horizontal lines on my MAC monitor. Now please tell me how to solve this issue. this problem is very irritating for me. if anyone have any solution regarding this then please help me.

Re: How to Troubleshoot Imac

Well according to you should first try to solve this issue by Resetting the System Management Controller and after doing that check whether you are getting the same problem or not.

If you don’t know about how to reset the System Management Controller then you have to follow these steps. First you have to turn off your iMAC and after shutting it down you have to unplug the power cord of the computer and after doing that you have to wait for the fifteen seconds and after that you have to connect the power cord again. now after connecting the power cord you have to again wait for the fifteen seconds and after that you have to press the power button and after that start the computer and then check whether you are getting the same problem with your system again or not. if you are getting the same problem after that then I think you shuld try to solve this issue by Resetting your Mac's PRAM and NVRAM.

yes I am totally agree with the above post because with my MAC desktop I was also having the same issue and after that I have tried to solve this issue by resetting the Mac's PRAM and NVRAM and after doing that when I start the computer at that time I didn’t get any problem and that is why i will suggest you that you should also try this solution and after that your problem will get solved.

To reset the PRAM and NVRAM you have to follow these steps. First you have to save your all data of the computer and after that you have to turn of the computer. Now after turning off the computer you have to locate the command key, Option key and letter P and R key but don’t press it now. Now after locating those keys you have to turn on the computer. Now after turning on the computer you have to press the the command key, Option key and letter P and R key before you see the gray screen on the monitor. Now after that your computer will restart automatically and then you have to release the keys. now after that you will need to do the clock setting again. now after doing this you have to check whether you are still getting the horizontal lines in your computer or not. In my system I was also having the same problem and after that i have tried to solve this issue by trying several tricks and after that I have taken the help of the Apple support and they have give me this solution. I think your problem will get solved with the help of this post.

I am also a user of the iMac and in my desktop I am facing problem with my desktop. Now whenever I try to play any online games at that time my browser gets crashed. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem. I have tried several ideas to solve this issue but after trying all the possible solution also I am still facing the same problem/ please help me to solve this issue.

As you have said in your post that you are having problem while playing the online games then I think you should first try to solve this issue by playing the same online game from the different browser and after doing that you have to check whether your game is running properly or not. if your game is working fine with that then I think there might be something wrong with your browser which you are using. to solve this issue you need to reinstall the browser and after reinstalling the browser you will not have the same problem.

Have you tried to solve this issue by updating the flash player in your iMAC? if you have to tried this solution then you should try to solve this issue by updating the Flash player first and after that check hwther it makes any difference or not.

Yes I am agree with the above post. Sometime because of the Flash player we can face the issue while playing games online and the best way to solve this issue is to reinstall the flash player or update the flash player. if you want to download the updated flash player then you can easily download the updated flash player installation file from its official website and after that install it and then your problem will get solved. if you want any more help then let me know.

I have read your post regarding reinstalling the flash player can solve the issue and after that I have reinstalled flash player in my system but after doing that also I was facing the same problem with my iMAC. Now after that I have downloaded updated flash player in my iMAC and after that I have installed it and then when I have tried to play game online at that time it worked fine with. Thank you so much for helping me.