Thread: “Files Ready to Be Written to the Disc” message while inserting the DVD

“Files Ready to Be Written to the Disc” message while inserting the DVD

Hello I have installed the windows 7 operating system on mine system and everything on the system working fine without any issue but from last one week whenever I insert the DVD or CD on mine system and i get the error message saying that:” Files Ready to Be Written to the Disc” along with the desktop.ini on windows explorer. I haven’t face this issue before can anyone suggest on this issue and so that i can solve mine issue.

Re: “Files Ready to Be Written to the Disc” message while inserting the DVD

Just follow-up the below steps: insert the DVD or CD on your Drive and after that open the windows explorer. Now on the windows explorer make right click on the CD/DVD driver and after that select the properties. Now on the properties go to the recording tab and under that make uncheck mark on the Enable CD recording on this drive check box and after that click on the ok button.

The desktop.ini is hidden system file and I think you’re getting this issue because you have enable the function called Show hidden files on windows explorer and so therefore your getting the issue. To get ride this issue you just need to open the windows explorer and under that go to the tools and then click on the folder option. Now under that select the view tab and after that make checkmark on the don’t show hidden files, folders and drives checkbox and after that restart the windows explorer.

I have faced the same issue and after that I have followed the below steps and after that I have solved mine issue and to do this you need to go through the below steps: first make click on the start icon and after that click on the search. Now on the search type: gpedit.msc and after that click on the ok button. now on the result you will get the Local Group Policy Editor and after that make double click on that. Now you will get the UAC prompt and after that enter the administrator command and press the continue. Now on the Local Group Policy Editor make click on the User Configuration on the left pane. Now on the right side select the Administrative Templates and after that choose the Windows Components and finally windows explorer. Now on the windows explorer locate to the Remove CD Burning features and after that make click on the edit. Now on the edit option make click on the Enabled on Disable CD and DVD Burning Features and after that click on the ok button, now once you done and after that go through your issue.

This error means you have placed documents on your CD burning cache that are pending being burned to a CD and to get ride the issue you just need to delete the caches, go through the below steps and under that delete the all things:
    C:\Documents and Settings\{user name}\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning\
    Here you have to write name you logon your system with instead of username.

Hello I am having the same issue and the message is just like auto-run file you won’t worry about it.

If you’re not able to get ride the issue now also then make repair your system and after that let me know the issue. if you’re not able to solve the issue and then I would like to suggest you to reinstall the Operating system.