Thread: How to download windows 7 installation cd with old product key

How to download windows 7 installation cd with old product key

I have a desktop at my home. The working of my device is very fine. I have no problem with the performance of the device. I am using windows 7 as my operating system. Actually my problem is I have lost my windows 7 installation CD. But I have my product key but that is useless now. I want to ask that can I use this old product key to the other windows 7 installation cd or I want to buy other product key also. And I also want to know that how can I download the installation CD. Can anyone give me some suggestion for solving this problem? Please help me.

Re: How to download windows 7 installation cd with old product key

I read your problem and come to know that I can give you some suggestion to solve this problem. I want to tell you that if you have blank hard drive or if XP / Vista is installed in the hard drive then you don’t have the permission to use the Windows 7 product key to upgrade your system. for that reason you must have the disk or download to upgrade. You can simply replace the Microsoft software by any authenticated Microsoft’s site. I think this information may be useful to you.

I want to give you more information about this topic. You cannot use the old product key for the new software. If you want to download that then you have to buy it online and then you have to choose the download option. There is nothing like general download.

I think this type of questions are very often to the Microsoft users. So I can give you some general idea about it. but I am not sure about the result so you can try out it as an experiment. It is not reasonable to charge people again due to loss, damage etc. according to me it is not good thing when someone has the product key and he cannot get the access to use the other installation CD. Microsoft has only this drawback in its system. This type of feature is not available in the Microsoft till today. And I don’t think that it can be done in the next few years by the Microsoft. Actually Microsoft will not allow activation and updates for its products. It only requires a valid license key. I think this much of information is sufficient for you in this situation.

After reading your description I conclude that your problem is not a small one. You lost your installation CD so you cannot have the permission to use the license key for other software means other operating system. because installation CD has the ISO files that has the valid license otherwise you cannot access the functions of the installation CD. So please try to use the new product key. You can easily download the new installation CD from any authenticated Microsoft sites.

I want to give you suggestion that you have to buy the new installation CD with the new product key. According to my knowledge you cannot use the old product key for any other product rather than original one.