Thread: Windows 7 on MSI Media Live

Windows 7 on MSI Media Live

I effectively installed Windows 7 32bit on top of my Media Live, and it works perfectly! I had tried beforehand, furthermore install would be unsuccessful, and seeing as I have discovered this is because of the Hauppage Nova-DT 500 TV tuner that I installed. Since I don't make use of this card to any further extent (when I encompass a separate Virgin Media V+Box meant for my cable TV wishes at this moment), I detached it and tried over again.

Re: Windows 7 on MSI Media Live

Oh yes, how did you actually get Windows 7 RC1 installed? My Barebone namely refuses to boot the operating system (64 bit version), so I never get beyond the completion of the setup (since there are only restarts when starting just before the first successful production of the Windows interface). In my case unfortunately the BIOS update has brought nothing. It appeared, however, by disabling a new 8-channel audio playback device: Realtek Digital Media, the previous now seems to be "not connected". So still no sound. Windows 7 RC1 is easy to install without any problems, but I've taken the 32 bit version.

I have an analog card (Hauppauge 150) installed on Vista Ultimate, it works fine with the Media Center option. When recording the analog signal is digitized. Integration with Digital Media Center is under a bit clumsy. Here you link the card via the analog input and take the remote control of the digital receiver with the Media Center. This way you digitize an analog signal again. A direct digital integration, I cannot find. Anyway, it's been half year since I've kept doing this. Perhaps there are now alternatives. Hauppaue seems to me a supplier for a second look.

Supposedly already works ... I do not remember where I read that, but for some people it has worked well. Where it can, however, through simple measures such as BIOS updates and change settings to get the Windows running. Even after I've followed all the tips listed there that was with my barebones but still not the case.

Windows Vista 64bit is installed and running so far so good. After a few days without problems, does the normal USB keyboard now no more. In the evening, the computer was shut down properly, keyboard still worked. The next day turned on and the keyboard does not rule keyboard does not work even when booting. Therefore also no longer get into the bios. The keyboard is not defective. On another computer it works fine. To the USB ports on the motherboard, it does not seem to lie well. The USB mouse works. I've tried out all the USB ports. Mouse is always, never Keyboard

Other USB or PS / 2 - USB adapters, of course, is not at hand. Do I need to get me first. You can use the HDMI only with Windows is so bad. But is acceptable for this system, because then even if it is running. Once I have another USB keyboard, I will report. If confirmed, but once again more that one of the new boards may prefer the finger.