Thread: Leopard 10.5.8-Unable to paste more recent copied text

Leopard 10.5.8-Unable to paste more recent copied text

I'm currently using Mac Os X Leopard 10.5.8 and now there major problem arrives on this system. I could copy the text and/or graphics from a forwarded email, and then it does not paste the more recent (cmd+c). Instead of pasting the recent copy, it pastes the previous one. I don’t know why this happen on this Mac OS X. I need perfect solution to solve this problem. Thanks in advance for any kind of help.

re: Leopard 10.5.8-Unable to paste more recent copied text

Where are you trying to paste? Is it a new message composition window, or just a message you are reading, or some web browser window? I don't understand how to do it when copying but paste task not work. I read some article and they mention that specific process to do this task. The process is to be open the menu and then click on quote. The next step is to be decrease quote level. It works and finally it helps to solve the problem.

If you are not aware of the exact copy operation then I must tell you the correct process to do this copy task. It has been present on the Mac OS X. in this OS, codec and cmd+V work for normal copy and paste. The next step is just press cmd+C+1 to something copied to clipboard #1. Also the cmd+C+5 works for some text copied to clipboard #5. The cmd+V+1 option help to paste the contents of clipboard #1. Then use this process and see the result of your OS task.

If the same thing happens when you use the menu method of Copy/Paste, then you need to perform the specific task on this OS. For solving this kind of problem you need to check our clipboard's contents at any time from the Finder. You can do this task by selecting Edit option and then hit on the Show Clipboard option. It shows whatever content present on this clipboard. Then it helps you to find out that whether problem is in copy operation or paste operation.

when you install Snow Leopard, check that you only have *one* copy of each of those data of this system. It works and in the result, it helps to solve this copy paste task onto the Mac OS X. When you copy text or graphics, the original selection remains untouched, but a copy of the selection is placed in the Clipboard. even the edit->copy as well as edit->paste option if there is nothing wrong happen on this leopard OS.

I can copy and paste from powerpoint but it cuts the pictures in half and does not know what the res. of the image is. Hence I read some article and it mentions proper way to solve this problem. There is a setting present on the clipboard application. This will be help to manage the specification and the setting of this clipboard. It works and you can able to solve this problem. Hence you can use this solution and see what happen on it.

You can use the xterm window on this Mac OS. It works and you can able to do this copy paste task on this system. You need to just do the pick text in xterm window. For this task you can use left mouse button and then push Cmd-C option to copy text to the clipboard. Then you need to move cursor to Terminal window & use the past command that is left-click of mouse button and then select Cmd-V to paste.