Thread: how to join movie files in Mac

how to join movie files in Mac

Recently I have bought a brand new computer for my home. I have Mac as the operating system and I have never used it before. I have been using windows operating system earlier. I like to watch movies on computer. I want to know how do we join movies files (xxx.mkv.001, .002, .003 etc). I used to join movie files using file splitter and joiner on windows. But I am unable to use them in windows. Help me. What do I do? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Re: how to join movie files in Mac

Well even I use Mac operating system at my home and watch movies. If you want to join movie files in Mac then you can import all your movies into one "event" in iMovie. You can download Apple imovie from their internet. Visit the official website of apple and find out. If you already have imovie then try to Google and find the method to use. I hope this will help you. I join files this way.

You can use Video Joiner in Mac too. It is currently the best and professional Movie Joiner, which is designed for Mac users to join all kinds of small video formats into one large file. First Download video joiner software from the internet. Using video joiner we can join multiple videos of same or different format and save it as single video. You can add unlimited number of video files to the list and easily rearrange them as you want. As you said you used use joiner in windows same way you can use it in Mac too.

I also have at my home and I use video joiner for joining video files. You can download the video joiner for Mac from the internet. It is open source software easily available on the internet. You can also go for Leapic Video Joiner because it is also a powerful video tool to join multiple video files into one large video file. But for Leapic Video Joiner you will have to pay some money. Visit the official site and Google for more information regarding this.

All you need is the regular QuickTime Player but make sure that it is not a pro version. Install Perian if you have not installed it. Open the first file and then drag the second file on to the player window. It will join the two files. Rinse and repeat if you have more than 2 files to join. Finally click the red button to close the playback window: QuickTime will prompt you to save your movie. Save it and you are through. I would recommend you to use QuickTime Player. All the best

For me it is AJoiner which is a small, lightweight application for joining split files. You can join files in any format. You can install Ajoiner from the internet. Try to search for Version 2.2.1. Make sure it is compatible. It is compatible with 64-bit and 10.6. You must have Mac OS X 10.5 or above. It is free software that means you do not need to pay for it. I hope you my suggestions will help you. Kindly let me know later.

Well no much idea about imovie as I haven’t used it. I would ask you to have AVCWare Video Joiner. You can buy it from website like amazon and ebay. It is not free software. It will help you to join multiple video files of different formats into a new one. It supports nearly all mainstreaming video formats: AVI, MPEG, MP4, WMV, 3GP, H.264, MOV, ASF, SWF, DAT and so on. You can get version 2.0.1.0111 of AVCWare video joiner. For this make sure that you have a 1GHz Intel/AMD processor or above, 256MB RAM should be minimum and you must have 30MB space for installation free.

Check on Google how to install it on Mac. Do you have the software’s on your Mac system? If you don’t have these software’s that you mentioned then download it from the internet. After downloading install it, follow the steps properly. Make sure that your system is compatible with these software’s before downloading. As far as I know it must be compatible. After installing you are ready to use. There is no much difference in using it on Mac. Use it in the same way.