Thread: A Netlimiter like application for Mac OS X

A Netlimiter like application for Mac OS X

I have been looking for a good application similar to netlimiter which is capable to run on Mac? I heard that the Netlimiter is a small utility that confines internet traffic through apps (rather than ports). Is there any kind of application which we can install in Mac os X and restrict the internet access to others? I am looking forward for your good suggestions. So please help me out soon.

Re: A Netlimiter like application for Mac OS X

I use jDownloader , software that runs on both Mac OS X and Windows and I avoid writing the captcha code, among many other things. It turns out that the download manager, jDownloader, has a feature that is appreciated: the ability to limit bandwidth. We acknowledge the possibility of limiting bandwidth, because if we are downloading something, we can reduce the bandwidth of our colleagues in the office, our relatives at home, etc, already understood the idea.

I think that you can use netlimiter in mac. Winebottle allows to use Windows applications on Mac OS X, something like the accomplished Wine in Linux distributions, running Windows programs. To run an application. Exe, we drag the executable to the icon of winebottle and may well show installations or directly interface. However, as with Wine, it is possible that some Windows applications or programs fail to run on the system. Personally, I would like the community of users, develop a list of applications that work properly with this system, I think would be helpful for new ones. Winebottle is free and available only for Mac OS X.

NetLimiter is an application that was born to do just that, to customize and / or manage, the bandwidth we have, and all applications that use the Internet. In that sense, NetLimiter is like a firewall, it monitors every connection on our computer, but does not a security issue, but gives us control over the consumption of bandwidth for each application. So it would be better if you use this same app on Mac anyhow.

Have you tried the Net Monitor? Visualize your network traffic, log your network activity, create reports and calculate traffic history over time. Furthermore you can also try the Net Monitor Sidekick. You can watch your network traffic behind the scenes; find the geographical location of your peers networks, network measure speed of remote servers each. Other than this there might be more ion google which may offer you the same features.

NetCom is a software for system administrators, IT-professionals and advanced users. With NetCom you can give full control over local area network (LAN) and over INTERNET connections. It support Ethernet / dial-up / xDSL connections to control as well as Management, packets direction handling, set of protocols, MAC-level (ETHERNET-frames) handling, incoming as well as outgoing traffic counting plus handling, TCP along with UDP ports handling, IP addresses handling and more.