Thread: How to add downloads folder to dock on mac

How to add downloads folder to dock on mac

I have new to mac because I have just bought it from one of my friends. I have heard lot about mac OS X but not ever used it before. You might have seen a desktop dock on Mac. At first accidently I have removed or maybe moved the downloads folder to somewhere. I couldn’t able to figure out where I moved it or where it went. Now I have found a copy of that folder and I want to move it to that dock but the problem is the dock is wont allowing me to put it there?

Re: How to add downloads folder to dock on mac

You save time if your folders on the right side of your Dock adds. Two of the most common folders you can add your home and have the Applications folder. You might also consider instead of the entire Applications folder to your Dock to add a new folder and aliases to deploy only those (aid) programs (such as the calculator) that you actually use. Then you can open it by clicking on the folder while holding the Control key pressed. Will bring up a pop-up menu that looks almost as if the Apple Menu on OS 9.

Add folders toward the right side of your Dock can put aside you time. Two of the most helpful folders are the home directory folder as well as the Applications. You must also believe that perhaps rather than putting each and every one the Applications folder within the Dock, you might discover it more helpful to make a fresh folder and put merely the applications and system accessories (similar to calculator) you utilize most. Thus, if you Control-click the folder that is in the Dock, a menu will come into view extremely like Apple since OS 9, and you can access its contents.

I assume that you have to configure the Downloads stack to the factory setting, so it behaves as you wish. The configuration of my downloads stack is the factory setting. Perform a secondary click on your stack and put it on the way I did. Do you have it pulled into the dock, move the Dock or from the context menu to "Keep In Dock" selected? If not, then the behavior is quite normal. Programs will then appear only as long as they are running in the Dock.

It is important to organize your computer; you need Mac OS X to know the hierarchy of your files. The Users folder contains your home folder. The Home folder on the other hand shall include the Desktop, Documents, Download, Library, Movies, Music, Photography and Public. You already have a folder to organize part of your computer. But often want to create a folder for personal files to add. Let's see, how to create or rename a folder on Mac OS X. Your problem is that you have the ALIAS pulled into dock. Try going into your home folder (APPLE + SHIFT + H), and pull the download folder from there to the dock!

Recent items are always useful, with the sole purpose of avoiding the task of having to search the items that we had used moments before. Such is the case of applications in the Mac, there are some those when you close the window intentionally or accidentally close the application completely? So it would be easier to have an application folder (or recent items) on our dock. And this is very easy to add and do not need any application. This is same for downloads folder. First of all kill the dock process and again restart it by the help of commands on terminal windows and then again try to add folder once again.