Thread: Quick Look Helper process eating virtual memory on Mac

Quick Look Helper process eating virtual memory on Mac

Recently I have observed in Activity Monitor which is in my Mac system showing that there is a process is running called quick look helper. I know that it is normal because along with this some other process are also running. The annoying this is the virtual memory shows as 566.4 MB. Can I presently give up this process and would there be some issues doing so? Should it be required running all the moment and what do I require it in support of.

Re: Quick Look Helper process eating virtual memory on Mac

Every time my MacBook Pro (Unibody 2.8 GHz, 4GB, 400 GB) will start after about 5 minutes the fans blowing and the CPU temperature to 93 º C. I have Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.2 installed. Using Activity Monitor I can stop the process at this point gives 187.1% CPU usage of each. So after several finding I finally come across the solution to resolve this issue. For this you need to get the latest versions of Airfoil, Audio Hijack Pro, or Nicecast, and update the Instant Hijack component.

In my case sometimes I see a sharp slowdown in my MacBook Pro 3.06 Ghz, 4GB under 10.6.6. When I look at the Activity monitor, here are some processes that may me my food processor:
    • Quick Look Helper sometimes 100% CPU!!!!!!
    • QTKitServer-(xxxx) Quick Look Helper
    • Safari Webpage preview fetcher

If you are suffering from the same problem then Go into Macintosh HD / Library / QuickLook, and put all. qlgenerator to the Recycle Bin: If it solve your problem, put back the files in their place one by one until you find the culprit. Afterwards, if the concern does that from time to time, you can just quit the process QL Helper through the Activity Monitor.

Quick Look helper of the display of media files used in Quick Look (files mark, press the space bar), with the addition QTKitServer processes have also to do with playing these files. Do you have any damaged files it appears? Evt.Quicktime plug-ins are incompatible with each other. Also I would sometimes make NEN reboot and observe when the behavior occurs again look at (just after reboot)?

I doubt it would like this value. Presumably this is the amount of virtual memory. Help in the Activity Monitor you can find out more about the individual values and what they mean. As far as I know and my opinion concern it is totally harmless to Launch Activity Monitor and look out the process -> select it and say "End Process" then "Quit," you do best and everything should be good again.

My friend has contacted me a few minutes ago for a problem with his MacBook Pro in 2010. Very often, even immediately after booting, the computer begins to heat and use lots of CPU. Using Activity Monitor has found that the culprit is always the process Quick Look Helper, which reaches up to 130% usage of the CPU. It would be happening by poor preferences in QuickLook. If you have installed some plug-ins would start to check if there is someone uninstalling incompatible, at least temporarily. If after a restart you'll end up with the same problem, then the only alternative is to delete the preferences file com.apple.QuickLookDaemon.plist which is located in ~ / Library / Preferences.

There is a freeware which visualizes the disk access called FSEvents. I don’t know much about it but I will see it further. For now I remind you that a ~ (tilde) identifies the user's home, so you'll have access to the Library folder, located under the name of your account. Alternatively, open the finder, you can use cmd + shift + G to open the "Go to Folder" and paste the path above. After deleting that files restart and cross your fingers.