Thread: Restoring windows in ASUS Eee PC 1008HA

Restoring windows in ASUS Eee PC 1008HA

Guys I am stuck in a very serious problem and no one else apart from you all can help me with these. So what I am saying is that a few days ago I was trying to delete one of the partitions in my laptop and ended up accidentally ended up harming one if the windows partition as well. So I am trying to restore windows in it but I am not able to do it. so that’s why I need your good help on these. I am sure you all are good experts in these and will surely answer out my queries. So start replying accordingly on the same. I am waiting for the necessary help from you all.

Re: Restoring windows in ASUS Eee PC 1008HA

Dude check out for the Asus System Disc. I think so that is the one important CD that will help you recover everything that you had lost. You can do a full system recovery with the help of that CD and also restore everything back as well. So that’s the added advantage of that. So do watch out for the same and get your CD as soon as possible. That is one CD that will save you from t h e situation in which you are in right now.

Before doing that let me warn you that check out for the MBR and EFI in your laptop and if they are damaged then you will not be able to do anything. I know the most common method is the F9 option but if both the MBR and EFI are not working then I cannot do anything about it. so that’s what the problem is here. so do look out for the same and let me know if you ended up getting some solution for the problem. So do let me know as soon as possible.

Ok thanks for telling me about the said solution. See I am quite sure that MBR is not damaged since I keep getting messages that NTLDR is missing, so there is no issue about that. That’s what I am saying here. Also one more thing that I would like to say here is that I have no idea about what you mean by EFI. Plus the idea about using the Asus System Disc is also a good option. I will surely try out my luck there and let’s hope that works for me as well. In case if you are having any other options in my mind then do let me know about it as soon as possible.

Ok then let me inform you that EFI is the Extensible Firmware Interface partition and what is the importance of that partition is that it provides enhanced features for the BIOS. So that’s what the added feature is and just looking at the warning message you cannot say that MBR is not affected. For your information error does gets displayed under the ,different condition and it is not necessary that MBR is running fine and hence it shows up the error, that’s not the case at all. so hope you do understand the same.

Ok then I had a check with the EFI partition, I am sure that is the one which says PE right? Yes I have checked the partition and it is all functioning well. So that’s what I am saying here. hope you all do have a good look at the same and let me know if there is some changes that I have to do. I mean is there anything else that I can do over here to get some help. I am waiting for the necessary from you all on the same.