Thread: Unable to open windows XP

Unable to open windows XP

I have computer at my home. I am the user of Windows XP. From last two weeks I have face a problem to open windows XP. The problem is my NTLDR is compressed and when I try to restart PC it loops back to the NTLDR is compressed. I can’t understand how to recover from this problem. Also my internal hard disk is full so that I use external drive to download files but I can’t do that. When I try to start my PC, it displays a message: NTLDR is compressed Press CTRL+ ALT +DEL to restart again and again. Please somebody help me out.

Re: Unable to open windows XP

As per your description I think you can solve this problem in following way. You can use a windows startup disk. This is very useful when either the startup record for the active partition or the files that the operating system uses to start Windows have become corrupted. In this process insert a flopy disk drive into configured drive. Then right click on flopy disk icon and format it. after the formatting close that dialog box and return to My computer. Go to the root directory in C drive and copy following 3 files to flopy disk Boot.ini, NTLDR, Ntdetect.com. after that insert that disk into flopy drive and reboot the computer. After booting computer will bypass the active partition and boot files on the hard disk. Then start windows XP normally.

According to your description I can give you a suggestion to boot your operating system with the Last Known Good Configuration feature. By the use of this feature you can undo any changes that causes a problem problems in the CurrentControlSet registry key. The Last Known Good Configuration featurereplaces the contents of the CurrentControlSet registry key with a backup copythat was last used to successfully start up the operating system. So remember the date when your computer was working fine and select it as your latest configuration. I hope this will work for you.

I have another idea for you to solve your problem. You can use System restore tool. System Restore runs in the background as a service and continually monitors system-critical components for changes. For that first restart your PC and start it into the Safe mode. Then go to start button and then go to all programsAccessories System tools menu System restore. Here you can select restore point and click next.then follow the wizard and you can restore your PC. I think this will remove your problem from your PC, I hope so.

From your problem I can suggest you a solution. This procedure is used only when the boot problem is severe. This technique known as Recovery console. In this you should use Windows XP bootable CD. Insert Windows Xp bootable CD in suitable drive and restart your computer and boot it from that CD. After that follow the wizard and you can recover your system by repairing or by reinstalling the OS on your system. I think this will help you. But remember use this procedure only when the problem is severe.

As you mentioned about your problem you can also prefer the method to fix the partition boot sector. It is a small section of hard disk partition that contains information about the operating system's file system (NTFS or FAT32) and very small machine language program that is crucial in assisting the operating system as it loads. If you suspect the problem is due to partition boot sector has been corrupted then you can use a special Recovery Console tool called Fixboot to fix it. I don’t have whole idea about this technique but this is also good option to solve your problem. I hope this will work for you.