Thread: unable to installed Windows XP after cleaning HDD with gparted

unable to installed Windows XP after cleaning HDD with gparted

I am having eee 1001x system used many third party software in my system wanted to clean my HDD so that I downloads third party software from internet and use it for cleaning my HDD but after cleaning I can’t able to install windows xp in my pc . when I reboot system bios did not detect HDD I am very much confused because number of problem occurred at same time. I just want to know that how can I resolve this problem? Is there any short process? and is the Gparted is good software? Please reply me.

Re: unable to installed Windows XP after cleaning HDD with gparted

HDD wiped means you are trying to delete all file from HDD , in short formatting. You can achieved this by selecting formatting option, just in few minutes your HDD will be empty, but if you want to install xp and you are trying wiped then first check did you leave it completely blank or did you create an empty partition? For installing xp create a small partition in HD otherwise windows xp installer will be spotted that “they don’t found any partition and your process will be failed don’t know about this Gparted software.

I know about this,I read in many article about Gparted ,Linux does have graphical tool to resize a driver,Gparted is software is specially designed for ubuntu and Linux to clean and resize the drive with graphics. For using gparted ,download gpated and used as sudo apt-get install gpartedand and you can delete old partition and create new one then try to install xp ,it works .

if yours Bios did not detect HDD then according to me gparted is good one to use.run gparted and create partition and if partition is not there then add Dos Fat32 partition and format it and see the change if bios did not detect HDD then update bios or trying to install original O.S. and run installer. I am sure this technique is solved your problem .dont forgot to check Bios setting .

Quote Originally Posted by Naotau View Post
    I am having eee 1001x system used many third party software in my system wanted to clean my HDD so that I downloads third party software from internet and use it for cleaning my HDD but after cleaning I can’t able to install windows xp in my pc . when I reboot system bios did not detect HDD I am very much confused because number of problem occurred at same time. I just want to know that how can I resolve this problem? Is there any short process? and is the Gparted is good software? Please reply me.
    Gparted is supposed to be a very useful tool for creating space for new OS, can reorganize disk usage and capable of copying data from hard disk and reflecting one disk image partition with another. So, its a very handy software.
    Last edited by Raj; 23-12-2011 at 03:41 PM. Reason: External Links not allowed.