Thread: Can a Program and a pagefile be on a two different drive?

Can a Program and a pagefile be on a two different drive?

Hello friend I need a help from you all to for this pagefile purpose I want to know that is it possible to have a pagefile been used from some other driver than the program file and then if there is a possibility for this then can you tell me the steps which can help me do this please help me? I don’t know anything about this I have just heard of this so I want to know it in detail that what it is and how does it work.

Re: Can a Program and a pagefile be on a two different drive?

Well so talking about the page file I would like to give you some detail over it, people working with windows and who have 2 hard drives and also if one disk has multiple drive after partition it is always advisable to change the page file source or may be virtual memory file to some other drive on the disk, We can talk over it in more simple way, if your system is been running out of the RAM processing in the large amount of the data, this windows and the inactive changes the background processes and in the pre allocated hard disk which makes it a part of the system ram, and if you are not having this page file than the process would be really slow and the system would ask you to restart the program.

The system pagefile like Pagefile.sys is been hidden file and this is hidden on the hard drive on the computer that windows XP would be using it would be in a random access memory. The virtual memory and the paging file compromise with physical memory. Normally by default the page file is stored on the default file is on the drive on which the program file is stored. The recommended size of the paging file is 1.5 times the total RAM. This article describes how to configure the paging file for system optimization and recovery.

1. Right click on the computers and then on the properties.
    2. Click on the acvance system setting and then go to the option system window.
    3. Now click on the setting and then performance which is on the advance tab.
    4. Now select the advanced tab which is in the performance option.
    5. Now click on the change button which is in the virtual memory .
    6. Now just simply uncheck the automatically manage paging file size for all drive option.
    7. Just highlight the c drive and then select the system managed size and then click on the button set.
    8. Now simply click on the OK and then the option saying restart.
    You are done.

First you must be logged into the administrator id
    A. Now you got to go on start and then into control panel.
    B. Now click the performance and maintenance and then go to the system.
    C. Need to click on the advance tab now look for the performance and click on the system from that.
    D. Look out for the advanced tab and then under virtual memory change.
    E. Now when you are able to see the drive list click on the drive just select the other drive then the windows drive now when you can see the option total paging file size for all drivers, here you have to note the value displayed next to the option recommended
    F. Go to custom size and then type the value that you have got in the initial size.
    G. And the max value in the max size and click set.
    H. Now in the drive option you can click on the drive which the windows has been installed and then if you don’t want to page file then press no pagging file and click set if you can see the pagefile on the c drive is 126mb or less in the initial size then system must not be able to create the debugging there would be a stop error and continue anyways press yes.
    I. Custom size and then type a value is equal to or greater than the amount of ram type the initial size value that is equal to or greater than the amount of ram and type the same value in the maximum.
    J. Now restart the system.

Well friend I would be saying that it is generally recommended to move the page file off of C if it is a traditional hard drive, custom programs now the difference as the operating system that is operated, the only time I do not want to know if it is a SSD. Improve overall performance if you use the page file and if it does, you do not have enough RAM and I would also say that if you are confirm that you have now complete info about it then only do it on your own.

Well people have been suggesting you the solutions but i think you dont need to do all this until you be completely sure with how to deal with all this because this is a case where if some problem occurs then you would have to face some serious problem and i dont want that to happen i would be suggesting you to go to the YouTube and search for some of the video over there and then try to learn it from there this would surely help you a lot.

Hey windows_user as your name says you seem to be a real windows user thanks for giving me the best solution i have processed it and it has solved my problem a lot thank you very much again and i really dint thought they i would be getting such a help in complete detail and a solution which would be working in the real time but i did got it and thanks a lot for it and i think this would be helping to any one of us who is new for this.