Thread: Can I include my all C drive’s page file on the other drive?

Can I include my all C drive’s page file on the other drive?

I want to eliminate C drive’s page file, but I want to know that is it affect my systems performance? I want to eliminate page file to the other Drive in my computer, I have no knowledge about it that it will affect the system or not? I want to know that it will not do anything or it will case my system to not work properly? By some reason I want to change the position of the page files, but I don’t have any knowledge about it ,so please clear my doubts.

Re: Can I include my all C drive’s page file on the other drive?

you can include your C drive’s files to other drive but it will case to slow down your system. Since page files are related with the system works, processor requires these files for the functioning, if you are going move this files to the other drive then the link will be lost between the system and page files. It is strongly recommended that to not move the files from the drive in which the windows is installed.

If you want to change the position of the page files from the windows drive, if there is any problem then you can change the position of the drive, it affect your system in very small amount. It is recommended to not do so , but if there is any problem then you can include your page files to any other drive. I had done this thing before you , but I haven’t seen any change in the performance. There is very minor changes in the performance.

actually page files contain the information about the processes which are there in the RAM. When RAM(Random Access Memory) get filled by the existing processes then for making the RAM empty again the page files are created. Page files are created in the drive in which the windows is installed. If you have any problem with page files like covering the unwanted memory spaces, then you can transfer that page files to the other drive also. It will case the system to work slow, but if you hardware configuration is good than it does not matters.