Thread: Enabling the Check TRIM or AHCI in Windows 7

Enabling the Check TRIM or AHCI in Windows 7

Guys do let me know about the same. Well what I want to know is that can you all please let me know some steps that will help me. I did look at some of the guides which will help me with the same but I was not able to get anything from there at all. so that’s why I have come here seeking some help from you all on the same. So do start replying over here only and let me know what can be the solutions or the steps to counter attack it. So do start replying on the same. I am waiting for the solutions from you all.

Re: Enabling the Check TRIM or AHCI in Windows 7

Well I can surely help you with one of them and that is how to enable and disable the trim command in windows 7. Here I am giving you some steps on the same. So do watch out for the same and let me know if that makes any difference or not.
    1) I hope you must be knowing something about the Elevated command Prompt.
    2) So first go and open up the elevated command prompt
    3) After having opened it and type the following command that I am giving you here
    ‘fsutil behavior set disabledeletenotify 0.
    So these are the steps for you to enable the TRIM command now if you are thinking of how to disable the TRIM command
    4) Again go to the elevated command prompt and then type the command that I have given you here’ fsutil behavior set disabledeletenotify 1’
    So this is what you have to do and hence that’s what I am saying here.

Ok then tell me how to make a note if the TRIM command is actually working in windows 7 or not? Can you all please let me know about the same, so that I can get a better idea of the same. so do reply accordingly over here. I am waiting for the necessary reply from you all.

Yes that’s a nice question that you have asked here. well I will be very much happy to answer out for you. so what you have to do is follow the command that I havw given you here and that is ‘fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify ‘. Now when you enter this command and if you get the return value as 1 that means that the TRIM is disabled and also if you get the return value as 0 then the TRIM is enabled in it.

Let me tell you how to enable AHCI in the windows 7. So make sure that you follow the steps that I have given you here and I am sure that it will be of good help for you. so do have a look at the same and let me know if that works. Here are the steps.
    1) In the run command and enter ‘regedit’
    2) Now you will receive the dialog box of User Account Control panel and that’s it.
    3) Go and find the following registry ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESystemCurrentControlSetServicesMsahci’
    4) Right click on it and then go to the modify.
    5) Now you will get to see the value data box and in that put the value 0.
    That’s it and I am sure that the steps will be of good use for you. so do have a look at the same.

Thanks that’s what I was looking for. Appreciate that you have mentioned about the same. well I was not knowing about the steps and your solutions really worked for me and I did try with all of them and now finally I can say that I can Enable the Check TRIM or AHCI function in Windows 7 and I thank you all for that because all the credit goes to you guys for the same. so thanks again for all the help.