Thread: can we run sandisk sansa media converter on Linux

can we run sandisk sansa media converter on Linux

Hi I’m using a laptop which has Linux operating system. In my laptop I have install Sansa Media Converter for listening music, viewing pictures and watching videos. I got an issue while watching pictures and videos, because I cannot access converter to drag videos and pictures on that player. So except this any software is available in the market that will easily work on Linux for the Sansa Media Player or something equivalent with it. If so does send me some useful suggestion.

Re: can we run sandisk sansa media converter on Linux

Sansa media converter makes a point not to take a shot at Linux. I was not fit to get it working in WINE or Code weavers. Probably another person has, and if thus, please let us knows. Your best equipped wager with Linux is to run Virtual Box or VMware and get XP running that method. USBs work 100% (when a small objecting with Linux, if that is your distro). You would be able to run SMC that way. Better believe it isn’t Linux friendly.

I have a Sansa media converter, and have both Linux and Windows. Even though there is product that works in both territories that will legitimately change over films to an arrangement playable on the Sansa fuze. Exclusively, you can use converted video from SMC for Sansa fuze. It actually utilizes mencoder traditional to get the video picture right. Nonetheless the Fuze additionally needs a quite particular structure for the AVI compartment organizes and cannot play the AVI documents made utilizing mencoder straight. So it additionally utilizes fuzemux to remux the video files. It works marvelous and is absolutely basic to utilize.

I don’t think that Sansa media convertor will work on Linux. Why are you going for Sansa media player? It is not a platform independent source. I will suggest you go for the Tab media convertor. It is 100% free open source and it has feature like platform independencies which can work on windows as well as Linux. Tab media converter is a sound and video file converter / encoder utility which gives a graphical front closure for Mencoder*, Sox* and probably different non-Tab software like Real Producer.