Thread: How to transfer files from one user to another user?

How to transfer files from one user to another user?

I have a windows XP operating system and I have changed the My Computer setting so that there are many users. The problem is that I just created the new user which does not have various files and applications, which are available on default user. So how can I transfer those files from default user to my newly created user? Please give me a solution.

Re: How to transfer files from one user to another user?

There are many different ways to transfer files and one way is the Windows Easy transfer.The Easy transfer tool is installed with Vista and it found in Accessories –System tools .We can transfer files and setting using a network share ,we can also transfer files and setting using removable media such as CD/DVD, External Hard drive or pendrive.the Windows Easy Transfer tool does not transfer installed applications.By the use of Windows Easy transfer we can transfer the maximum data.

The solution of this problem may vary for different Operating system. Actually the files and applications are there only but we are unable to see them because sometime the files and applications may not be shared properly .for solving this problem we need to know the operating system of your computer .Suppose we have Windows XP operating system, so our particular Desktop shortcuts will be placed in the "C\Documents and Settings \ Your username\ Desktop".If you are a Administrator then simply login copy/paste required item to "C\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop",or any specified user’s desktop folder .
    In this way you can easily transfer your files to different users.

The above solutions are useful if you want to transfer the files and setting from the same computer to the different users. But in case where you want to transfer data from one computer to another computer then you can use the the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard for transfer of data. By using this application you can transfer personalized setting for Microsoft Internet Explorer and outlook express, desktop setting, display setting as well as Dial up connection setting .Create a Wizard Disk by using the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard, the steps are: Press Start-All programs-Accessories-System Tools-Files and Settings Transfer Wizard. After that you have Windows XP CD screen then follow the task provided by those screens and copy the files in removable media.