Thread: Upgraded Intel i5 2500k can post but not booting Windows

Upgraded Intel i5 2500k can post but not booting Windows

I was having the Q6600 and I upgraded to Intel i5 2500k w/ MSI p67A-C43. And I am having the operating system of windows 7. But when I upgraded the system it is not booting and after that I have the windows boot manager and after that a message comes up saying that the windows is not booting up. Please help me in solving the problem. Thanking all in advanced for helping me.

Re: Upgraded Intel i5 2500k can post but not booting Windows

You have to first remove the entire device floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from the computer and then you have to restart the computer and then you have to boot in the safe mod and after going in the safe mod you have to open the command prompt and then type CMD in that and then you have to just type in that %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe. and then press enter and then I think that the problem will be solved.

You have to start the System Restore using the Command prompt and after that you have to follow the steps:
    • You have to restart the computer and after that you have to press the F8 keys during the initial installation and after that computer will be in safe mode.
    • And after that you have to use the Safe mode with a Command prompt option and then
    • After that you have to type the %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe and then press enter.
    • And after that you have to follow the instructions that appear on the screen.

I think that you have to first insert the installation and then you have to just choose the language and after that you have to choose language and hit next and after that you have to click on the repair the computer then I think that you have to solve the problem. If this will not sure then I think that you have to start the system in safe mode.

While I was surfing on the internet I saw the topic and the suggestion given to you the suggestions are quite systematic and recently I was also suffering from the same problem that you are suffering now but I am wondering that now the problem has been solved because for you if no then you have to search on the Google for your exact suggestion or you will also get the videos on the Google. I hope that this will help you in solving the problem and giving you the correct suggestion.

Thank you for helping me and now the problem has been solved for the Upgraded Intel i5 2500k can post but not booting Windows and not I was able to boot with the help of the suggestions provided by you. And now I have installed the new operating system.