Thread: is system restore useful?

is system restore useful?

Hi, I have PC at my place running windows 7 and in that it is fully affected through the viruses and some of my files are already been deleted from the machine, so one of my friend recommended me to restore the machine, but I have a so many question around that, I mean to say the first question is like is it useful really? Can we restore the files and the folders this way, because I haven’t done it ever before. Any recommendation.

Re: is system restore useful?

See I am also not sure that it recovers the files or not but you can recover all those windows setting and make your PC in the stat where there were no virus in your machine. but off course you need to select that particular check point in order to get the machine restored. after that you’ll have all the settings recovered and might be you‘ll get the files as well. But before that make sure that you have created any check point first otherwise you’ll not restore to previous stat.

It actually depends on many things, if those files would be regarding the windows than you can recover then for sure, and off course the size also matters, if the files are too big than its quite difficult to restore those files. But as the above user mentioned you should first try to restore the machine, and see whether it is recovering those files or not.

Remember one thing it can recover only those files which is deleted by ourselves, but as you have mentioned you cannot restore the file which is deleted by the virus or through any other software, and as you are asking it is useful or not, then I would say it is absolutely useful, and the best option rather than reformatting or repairing the windows files, in this process you’ll get all your settings restore to the previous stat, according to the date that you have described.

Hey thanks for the suggestion guys but I still have a doubt, as how to do that, I have never done that with the windows 7, so the process is same in both the operating system? Or is there any changes in the windows 7, I would like if someone suggest me the step wise procedure to restore the machine to the previous stat. thanks for the above suggestion once again.

That’s good as you are about to restore the machine but still I have a good option for you that you can use to get those files, but for that you need to download the antivirus software from the internet and after that run that software in order to discard the viruses from your computer and then download any recovery software and through that you can recover all those files. And this would be best option because ig you restore the machine you’ll void all the software that you have collected and installed in your machine, and if suppose you have decided to restore than you should first save all your data, otherwise you may lose those data too.

jamesbowl50 Guest

Yes, it is important to have and can get you out of many sticky situations. In vista, restore folder uses 15% of the remaining hard drive space. As you use up more hard drive space it will delete old restore points and become smaller so it is always maintaining 15 % of unused space.