Thread: The mystery of logoff scripts

The mystery of logoff scripts

For several days, I try in vain to run a script to close a Windows session log off or extinction of the machine. But I have scrupulously followed the recommendations of the note through Microsoft Group Policy gpedit.msc but I add a script closing in the computer Management or the "user management", my script is never executed. All my machines are Windows XP Pro and all users are in a domain. So I also searched in the management of Active Directory but if I spotted where to put my script to open the properties of the user there is also one that works very well nothing about a possible shutdown script. Is there a trick that would have escaped?

Re: The mystery of logoff scripts

Because the script has to move a series of files from one folder to another and checking that the destination, it's empty. In addition, during this trip, a dialog please wait should appear on the screen. Note that the script works fine when I double clicked. A rule also issues of rights records. It is of course, the first thing I checked. I hope that you are getting me and also will be able to solve the issue.

Yes, group policy, in this case, is local. I also tried to run a logoff script via the domain controller but I have found nowhere in the setting of the AD to specify a location where the script although it is very easy to specify a logon script). Really, I feel that Windows is allergic to closing scripts Acquired by conscience, can someone make an attempt on his machine and tell me if it works. What we do not understand is why you put the script on each C drive of each client instead of using Net logon like everyone else.

Ok I did not pay attention the AP is client and not server DHCP (in + dany67 you had noted before, sorry for my lack of attention. In the case of here this is the modem which should serve as a DHCP server. Still, I insist, you have to have the option of setting a fixed IP on your PA, right? So you can try it by setting an address by disabling the DHCP client .As mentioned and confirmed by comments from netgear, Bridge function is made to connect two access points together to connect two different LANs, which is not your case, so also disables this function.