Thread: How to gain file permission to modify windows registry

How to gain file permission to modify windows registry

Do not have active directory domain, I would apply the Group Policy on the machines in my fleet by modifying registry keys to launch the sessions. This works in retail lending my users to be administrators of the machine for the right to attack the registry. I am desperate to understand how the rights of the different hives but I cannot. I would like the change takes place for each user but I cannot handle this via a script, as this element of the register is dynamic. I tried to use the executable that can pass the login and admin password as a parameter of the command but it does not work and that m ' boring to spend all of my domain users limited admin of the machine, even if I block their access to many items so that they would find themselves as such. The other idea I had is to permanently change the registry keys on the local machine and create a unique script for the administrator who changes the key to obtain the rights, and changes before re- logout. I just wonder if it really is "flexible". Anyway without AD I may have trouble getting something better.

Re: How to gain file permission to modify windows registry

It is precisely the interest of the GPO go to mods as admin via the system account in Windows. You can still create local GPO that applies to all limited users, not admins. You'll have to just redo the changes on each post. Otherwise, if a key / value identifies is in HKLM and HKCU is typically that of HKCU takes over. So you can make a script that launches the start of All Users" and write the value in HKCU. But in this case it attacks the admins too, and it's dirty.

Again thank you for your quick response. This is what next dirty bothers me. In addition to the launch of my script is configured in my area samba not obvious. I think I want to do things that the installation does not. Finally on the local GPO, there will be able to deploy it via a file, right? What is needed is to paste the file to launch the following script the user. I heard about pole but apparently this applies only to the most recent Windows XP, Windows 7 and I also use in my park. The alternative is to run your script as admin and add variable in the SID of the user to change the setting under "Policies" associated with the user

I tried the first option some time ago, without success. Yes I think that the second solution would meet my expectations, it is still necessary that I succeed. Actually it is a school system that I administer recently it's not really a priority, as a domain user as the user has limited the rights to change system properties etc. For now it works just fine apparently. I try just to see what I can do to become more flexible if, for example once my deployment I have made changes to user rights. But since the current installation meets the need, I will not try anything. I still find this kind of attempt is a trainer. If we really ultimately needs more specific level of fees etc, I would see the side of 2008 server.

POL EDIT it work by cons. TU run on a PC Windows XP, you gain a Ntconfig.pol file output and you place this file in the netlogon share of the Samba server. By cons, you've got access to only a dozen parameters. It's pretty poor. And I do not know if it works in 7 is the best program to log in with admin password encrypted. I do not pick up something. Your user does not have write access to its key HKCU? Because by default yes. So a simple script to log on must suffice.

That's what I understand it precisely. I have a netlogon.cmd on my samba server, which is called a KiXtart script. It is in the KiXtart script that I am changing my registry keys. Then the user logon script is defined in samba I administer a web interface When I look at the key hksu, the current user all rights on it so it gets stuck somewhere when I add the user or user group to local administrators it works, but not otherwise.