Thread: How to disable UMVPFSrv.exe on startup

How to disable UMVPFSrv.exe on startup

I am running Windows XP on my computer and there is only one thing that is bothering me ever since its installation. There is a service called UMVPFSrv.exe which is starting up automatically when Windows boot and I am looking for a way to disable it completely. When I check in task manager then it is listed as Logitech User mode UMVPF service. Thanks for any solution in advance.

Re: How to disable UMVPFSrv.exe on startup

The thing is that UMVPFSrv.exe doesnt show up in the Startup items category, so to prevent it from loading with Windows you can try to disable it completely. To do this, click on Start > Run and type msconfig. After that click on the Services tab and then search for UMVPFSrv service and uncheck it. Just apply the settings and click ok. After that restart your pc to take effect and now it will be diabled on your next boot.

This UMVPFSrv.exe service is related to the Logitech Webcam installed in your computer. If you want to disable this service then you dont need to take any tension as it will not harm your webcam or your system at all. But remember that when you want to use some softwares likes Video Effects, Face Masks or some customization software related to the webcam then you will have to re-enable it again.

This UMVPFSrv.exe service is actually a Logitech Webcam Controller software that is used for controlling different models of logitech webcams. This service is used to move, rotate, zome the camera of the Logitech webcam and also has some basic camera settings such as brightness, color, etc. You can easily disable it by following the above suggestions given, or else ignore it if you want to use your webcam in your computer.