Thread: Debian keeps windows 7 and make a dual bootmenu like ubuntu

Debian keeps windows 7 and make a dual bootmenu like ubuntu

Hello friend, I have work on the windows 7 operating system and now I decided to install Debian OS on it. I know that this Debian will be based on the Linux operating system and it likes the ubuntu operating system. Can this dual boot is possible in the system. This will already contain the windows 7 and I try to install the Debian on it. If anyone having knowledge about this then please share your own thoughts.

re: Debian keeps windows 7 and make a dual bootmenu like ubuntu

For doing this task you need to do the special task. Hence I suggest you to do this task and solve the dual boot problem. There is some types of problem arrives in the issue. When you try to install the Debian then it will overwrite Windows partitions during the installation. Hence I suggest you to first backup the data present on the system. This will be help to you for avoiding the data lose problem. This is most important in the process.

I read the article related to this issue and this will be help me to understood that how to dual-boot Debian with Windows 7 on a computer with a single hard drive. The LMDE’s bootloader will be capable to do this task on the windows 7 and the article also mention that this is to be possible to dual boot the system using the windows 7 boot manager. The article will be provide such facility to do this task. Then use it and solve problem.

For doing this task you need to follow the below process. This will be help to do this task. The first step is need to boot system using the Windows 7 OS. After that you need to enter diskmgmt.msc in the search field. After that you need to open the Disk Management tool of the system. If this system contains only two partitions then the data partition contains only drive C. hence I decided to install Debian on the other drive. You need to create space for LMDE. Then right click on drive C and select “Shrink Volume…” option. Then use other drive for installing the Debian OS.

The Debian has also been capable to use the installer CDs and DVDs. This bootable disk will be help to install that OS on the system. This also needs an Internet connection which will provide the live versions. This live version will be help to do this dual booting on the system. The bootable CD will be contain the Debian packages. This will be help the live session for installing this OS on the windows 7 HDD.

The GRUB 2 bootloader will also help to do this task. You need to use this and this will be help to solve the problem. It is in continuous development. This will be capable to multi-booting their computers using GRUB as their bootloader. Hence I suggest you to use the GRUB 2 bootloader and this will be really help to solve such kind of problem. This bootloader is really work and it will help to solve the problem.