Thread: Error insmod in Debian after compiling kernel

Error insmod in Debian after compiling kernel

Last two week, I used the Debian Linux OS on my laptop. Now there is some error message present in this laptop. When I try to do the compiling kernel process on this laptop, then it will indicate the "insmod sk98lin" error message. I think this file is to be missing in the setup folder. Before this compiling kernel task I perform migrate to kernel 2.6.7 from 2.4.26 version task. If anyone has already faced this kind of problem, then please share your own experience. Any type of help will be appreciated.

Re: Error insmod in Debian after compiling kernel

I think this is the compatibility problem. Yes this happen in the system because the module present in the system is being under the 2.4.26 kernel. This is the main reason why this will be not compatible with your 2.6.7 kernel. Hence, the result will be indicate that the problem is in the compatibility of the kernel and the module. Then you need to update the kernel with module compatible version. this will be solve the problem.

It may be possible that the module just wraps some system calls and hence this type of problem arrives in the system. Then I suggest you to check the paths of the insmod are absolute or not. This will be help to detect the problem. Then you need to execute the chown root.root /system/bin/su, and also need to run the chmod 4755 /system/bin/su command for solving this file missing problem. It will be solve the problem.

Hey, I think you had not correctly follow the process for doing the kernel configuration process. Hence this type of problem arrives in the system. Then you need to reconfigure this kernel. This will be help to solve the problem. Then I suggest you to solve the problem. Hence you need to just follow the mentioned steps in the manual. This will be help to do the reconfiguration task and it really effective to do this complicated task.

There is a incompatibility issue with a kernel present in the system and hence the problem arrives. Hence I suggest you to use the correct compatible kernel and then check the problem. Then you need to install the compatible kernel version onto the system. This will be help to you for solving the problem. The official site also provides such compatibility list. then use it and solve the problem. This is the best to solve the problem.