Thread: Downgrading HP Pavilion DV4-1125nr from Windows Vista to Windows XP

Downgrading HP Pavilion DV4-1125nr from Windows Vista to Windows XP

I recently downgraded my hp laptop. Guess what the experience was quite good. So the experience was quite enjoyable for me. it took me around 4-5 hours to do that and everything was well settled. However I did notice a thing there a kind of lag. Every time I start my system I cannot see my IDT High Definition Audio CODEC in the device manager, even the volume slider does not work for sometime. However I did try manage and get the solution for the problem and that is if I reinstall the UAA driver, KB835221WXP then there is no problem at all. so that’s what I am saying here. Guys do you have got any idea on why is that happening over here then please do notify me about the same. I am waiting for the ideas from you all. so do reply accordingly on the same.

re: Downgrading HP Pavilion DV4-1125nr from Windows Vista to Windows XP

It seems that you might have fixed the codec driver issue and ehnce I don’t think there is any need for the mentioning of the solution there. However let me tell you one interesting fact oiver here about the volume slider button. Go and get the necessary driver from the official website of the HP and you will get it from there only. See you ahev changed the Os and hence it sia but obvious driver issue that some of the hardware’s are not at all working for you. so that’s what I think over here and if you have some solutions for the same, then please do reply over here. I am waiting for the help.

Yes certainly I did have a look at some of the drivers over there and you will not believe that it took me som much time to get it downloaded, though some of the drivers were of only 26MB. Still the downloading time was unexpectedly large. After downloading the driver what I get to see is that this driver is not intended for your operating system. so that’s what made me so confused over here, why can hp people come with good drivers, to sort the issue. anyways if you have some other help for me over here then please do mention about the same. I am waiting for the solutions from you all.

Ok then check out for the drivers which are given for you operating system. No need to make a big fuzz about that. Do check out for the appropriate driver and the problem will be fixed there itself. that’s what I am saying here and hence I think that’s the necessary solution for the same. if you still have some issues then better call up the hp people for the solution. Mostly they will be able to guide you with the solutions. That’s what I think here and hence that would be the appropriate solution for the same.

Ok thanks for the necessary suggestions that you have given here. Appreciate the efforts that you have given here and hence thanks a ton for the same. so much appreciate your efforts here. Yes did get the necessary driver here from the hp. Also putting the UAA installer into startup does fixes up the issue here. So as of now all the problems seems to have been solved here and hence thanks a lot guys for all the solutions.