Thread: Getting symbol lookup error on the Debian Lenny

Getting symbol lookup error on the Debian Lenny

Well I have installed Debain Lenny on the computer of mine. currently I am trying to install the Jigdo by using the synaptic. The installation seems to be working fine even I have found that the jigdo is not working even many of the programs which I have installed on the computer of mine did not seems to be loading. I am getting an error message on the system of mine. Let me know if you are having any specific solution to get the requirement of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

re: Getting symbol lookup error on the Debian Lenny

Looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here can you answer the below mentioned questions which would help me out to figure out the root cause of the problem. Tell me about the hard ware configuration of the computer? You told me that you are getting an error message on the computer screen so can you post the content of the error message which you are getting?

I don’t why this particular issue is happening and what could be the exact root cause of this particular problem . however I am suggesting following command which you should run on the terminal and see whether it is making any difference in the situation.
    Code:
    # aptitude purge jigdo

I was also having the same problem which you have mentioned over here but I let you know something which would be useful to fix the matter. Apt-get and aptitude has required to have a library work. If you are able to downgrade the library then you have to do the same by running the following command from the terminal.
    Code:
    # dpkg -i <pkg-name>
    After running the above mentioned command you have to execute the following one.
    Code:
    # dpkg --purge jidgo

Into the .bashrc you have to add the following line.
    Code:
    vi ~/.bashrc
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib
    once you have added the above mentioned line into .bashrc you have to simply restart the terminal program on the computer of yours. So try the same and let me know whether there is any difference in the situation.

Well I have noticed number of users on the other forums who are having the same problem like you. I have done little bit research work and I have figure out the following solution. I let you know you have to reinstall the gcc-4.4-base before you start with the installation process of the libstdc++6 package. Make sure that you have restarted the computer after installing both software on the computer of yours.