Thread: How to Mount a RAID-0 array using Debian

How to Mount a RAID-0 array using Debian

Yesterday my D-Link DNS-323 "crashed" and so I formatted the disk as prompted without reading any details. The D-Link has Linux filesystem (ext2 I think), thus while there's at rest information on the disk (tried to make use of diskinternals Raid Recovery tools intended for Windows which established that there's files to recuperate except it kept freezing therefore I gave it away)Right now I can’t do anything from it. I've attached disk and installed Ubuntu. I can observe the disk like a RAID-0 Array inside the disk utility, I can furthermore run benchmarks on top of it except I can't mount it. it just shows error instead and the error message is as follows: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/md0. How can I fix this thing?

Re: How to Mount a RAID-0 array using Debian

It is possible to boot the Linux software RAID-0. You have to recompile your kernel with support for RAID 0 drives (or made an initrd). You need also a partition / boot RAID1 (8 MB). The Si3112 works well as long as you do Mettes no more than 2 cards per machine (so max 4 HDD). Gere in the SCSI rather than IDE. To transfer your system, you can copy the root partition on your new HDD and edit your lilo.conf to boot the root and the corresponding devices (/ dev/md0 etc.) also add raid-extra-boot = / dev / sda, / dev / sdb (for managing SCSI).

I just finished a RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks) in my latest server, and after that summarized it as like this. The foremost step is to have 2 equal disks and generate a partition without formatting. The format is applied while we have constituted the RAID array. There is much from the graphics editor gparted to partition unformatted console. The experts do not require explaining further, and those who are just starting, I recommend options by gparted
    Code:
    ~ $ sudo apt-get install gparted
    The second step is to check, for obvious enough, that no other RAID arrays created.

Start with a CD of Debian Woody 3.0 I acknowledged the raid but there is a problem every time I format the partitions; the server automatically makes a good sound that happens when arrangements have been de-configured, but will not let me install anything as that hangs. I wonder if this is normal or I have to do, maybe I'm forgetting something, I have 4 HDD CONSCIOUS 9Gb and they all form a Raid-0 and I have another album formatted to a 18Gb raid0 which I hope can help me and so to learn more about this wonderful operating system

Try to not use RAID 0 or RAID 1 because they are prone to failure and loss of access to data. Maybe it's a RAID 5 or RAID 10 if you plan to use especially for a server. The other thing not to forget is to keep a backup of all data and to bear in mind that any RAID array can fail. And to know that the physical failures last resort are companies that specialize in data recovery.

In order to mount RAID-0 the first step is to know if our motherboard has connectors SATA hard drives to SATA (almost all current motherboards have 2 or more SATA connectors on the type), not having them on board, we have a board SATA PCI connectors. We must also have two hard drives of equal capacity. In this case we use two 200 GB SATA disks. Once both disks are installed on your computer, we enter the BIOS and enable RAID functions in case they were disabled. (RAID functions are usually located in "Integrated Peripherals" / "OnChip IDE DEVICE", but can vary depending on the manufacturer of the BIOS). Enabled the "OnChip SATA CONTROLLER" SATA MODE fine selection of the three functions shows RAID MODE, and finally enabled the SATA RAID ROM. Press ESC to return to the main menu and exit saving changes you just made in the BIOS.

The advantage of RAID 0 is to accelerate the processes of reading and writing the hard drive, delivering a single file into equal parts on two hard drives. For example, we have a 20 MB file, when being stored on our hard drive, this is split evenly between the two hard drives, providing 10 megabytes for each disk