Thread: How to boost available physical memory

How to boost available physical memory

I am using Windows XP operating system. My PC is infected with malware and then I realized that the accessible memory is much smaller. I have in all physical memory as 512.00 MB and free physical memory as 80.50 MB. I would appreciate if someone can advise me how to pick up this computer as is running very sluggish also if I run Firefox, and then it is very slow. The team has not always been slow, so I guess it is a way to recover some of the memory usage?

Re: How to boost available physical memory

That depends on the amount of add-ons you have installed. Many who can increase the use of FF in the memory significantly. WOT I took because it in fact caused FF 4 to be serious for me. The implementation of the paid version of MBAM, which prevents me from going to fake sites, they do not need qualifications WOT is the site to determine which sites to evade. When you exit a program, make sure the emissions program RAM to your operating system! Programs with memory leaks can be deadly. A reboot will release RAM. Check if your PC is faster after a reboot. If so, there may be a program that has a memory leak.

Computer slow with time as install and uninstall programs. Adding more patches and necessitate extra computing power. The safety program or just a msconfiguration in a good security program can bring a team to the brink of disaster. My first was a modern machine with 1 GHz Celeron with 256 MB of RAM and it worked immense! I agree with the above, you can expect a dry FF memory, especially the "plug-in-container ', that my machine is now at 176MB. Do not bother me at all, but shit there is not enough memory.

Your hard drive must be churning! Follow the cleaning steps and add more memory. There are ways you can free up memory. Reduce your implementation. If you do not know how, ask someone and aid. Reduce your running processes. You can buy more memory as well. It is very cheap these days. I do not know about your computer. You will necessitate to check with the manufacturer. Certain processes can consume valuable RAM you have. Try upchucking elements of creation.

I've learned that you should go to msconfig and check the normal startup. Then restart your PC. Several startups are show in the tray clock. Once you restart your computer, use this program to disable all programs that do not want to start and restart over. This is a great program and should help with the RAM. I hope I have explained this. Not very good at these things!

Pagefile unseen files on the HDD of your system. Pagefile.sys is the name. This file is used by Windows XP RAM management. The paging file and physical memory in combination make the virtual memory. The paging file is stored in the boot partition by evasion. The size of this file is 100 times the physical RAM. To improve the performance of the computer, then you shall put this file in a dissimilar partition and other physical hard disk. Consequently, windows must be able to handle requests for E / S multiple in less time.

So, do you have only 512 of Memory or you think the malware is causing your windows machine to see only 512 of memory?

try the following:

1- set your pagefile to static same size of minimum and max
    2- you cna use option /3G on boot.ini
    3- HKLM/Software/Microsoft/windows/current version/Run
    delete any programs that are starting up and you dont need
    4- check all programs - startup folder
    5- format your machine LOL