Thread: KB2446704 update asked by windows xp repeatedly

KB2446704 update asked by windows xp repeatedly

I am using windows Xp in my computer and I normally use to do windows update regularly in my computer. Now fro last few days I am facing one problem with my computer. Now whenever I start the computer at that time my windows XP notify me that KB2446704 (update) is available even If I have already done this. Is there any way to stop this notification then please help me with this? I am waiting for your reply.

Re: KB2446704 update asked by windows xp repeatedly

As far as I know KB2446704 is related to the .NET framework. I think some of your .NET framework files have damaged and that is why your windows is prompting you to update it repeatedly. If you want to solve this problem then you have to repair the .NET framework in your computer and after repairing the .NET frame work you will not get any problems.

If you want to repair the .NET frame work in your computer then you have to follow this procedure. First you have to download the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool from internet and after that you have to run it in your computer and then it will uninstall the .NET framework from your computer. now after doing that you have to restart the computer and after that allow the windows update to update your computer and after that it will install the .NET framework again in your computer. once it is completed after that your operating system will not prompt you again and again.

Thank you for giving me replies but after reading your above post I have tried to solve the problem by repairing the .NET framework in my computer by downloading .NET Framework Cleanup Tool and after that I have run this tool in my computer and after restarting the computer I have done the windows update again but after that I am still experiencing the same problem. now please tell me what should I do to fix this issue. any help will be greatly appreciated.

By reinstalling the windows XP you can fix this issue. I was going through with similar problem and after that I have tried so many tricks to solve this problem but after that also I was not able to fix this issue. Now after that my friend suggested me to reinstall the windows XP and after that I have tried to fix this issue by following this solution and then my computer start working normally. According to me you should also try this solution.

The solution which you have mentioned in above post really helped to me to fix this problem. I have reinstalled windows XP in my computer after reading the above post and after reinstalling the windows XP in my computer my windows update is not giving me any issue. All the things are going fine with my system. Thank you much for helping me and giving me all useful information. I appreciate your help.