Thread: Unable to see PNG files in user account except admin account

Unable to see PNG files in user account except admin account

I am using Hp laptop in which I have recently installed windows XP service pack 3. My laptop was running fine but suddenly I have noticed one annoying issue in my laptop. Now I am not able to see .PNG files in my laptop from my user account, if I try to see .PNG files from my Admin account at that time it is working fine. Please tell me what I should do to see .PNG files in my user account. Please reply me as soon as possible.

Re: Unable to see PNG files in user account except admin account

First of all I would like to ask you that where you are getting this problem. You are getting this problem in your browser only or you are not able to see the .PNG files in your Windows explorer also? if you are facing this problem only in your browser then I think there might be something wrong with your browser and if you are having this issue in windows explore also then your operating system may have some issue. first of all you have to check this thing and after that let me know.

I am facing this problem while I try to see .PNG files on the WebPages. Now whenever I try to see any .PNG files at that time it shows me RED X in a box instead of showing me images. In my windows explorer I am not facing this issue. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem because it is very irritating for me. Please reply me as soon as possible.

I think you can solve this problem by giving the administrative privileges to your use account and after that you will be able to see .PNG files in your system. First of all you change the setting of your user account and after that you have to give administrative privileges to user account and after that restart the laptop and then your problem will get solved easily. (You have to first log in as administrator in your laptop to give privileges to user account).

If you don’t know how to give administrative privileges to local user then I will help you with this. For that you have to do these steps.
    • First of all you have to log in as a administrator in your laptop.
    • Now after you logged in you have to open the computer management by right clicking on my computer icon and after that selecting the manage option.
    • Now after that you have to Expand Local Users and Groups which you will see in the left side of window.
    • Now you have to click on the groups and then double click on the administrator.
    • After that you will see the ADD button and you have to click on that.
    • Now enter your user name and after that click on the check user name.
    • Now click on the OK after adding the name.

After that restart the laptop and after that you will not face this problem.

If you are still facing the same problem after trying the above tricks then I think your laptop might have infected with the virus. If you have any antivirus in your laptop then you should scan your laptop with antivirus. During virus scanning check whether it is detecting any virus or not, if your antivirus detect any virus then delete it and after that check whether same problem is coming or not. If that idea didn’t work for you then I think you should try to solve this problem by reinstalling the windows.

I have gone through your solution and I have tried to fix this issue by doing virus scanning in my laptop but after that doing virus scan also it didn’t detect any viruses in my laptop. Now after that I have insert my operating system CD in my laptop and I have installed fresh copy of my operating system and after doing that I am able to see the .PNG file in my laptop. Thank you for helping me and solving my problem.