Thread: pdh.dll is missing

pdh.dll is missing

Hello friends I am using Lenovo laptop from last 1 year and my laptop works fine. Some days before I have upgraded my hard disk from 160GB to 320GB, Now after upgrading my hard disk I have installed windows XP and transferred all my data in my hard disk but I am facing one problem in my laptop. Whenever I try to install any software’s at that time my system is not allowing me to install that and it is saying that pdh.dll is Missing. Please help me to fix this issue.

Re: pdh.dll is missing

As far as I know pdh file is very important file for our operating system. Basically it is known as Performance Data Helper file and if this is file is missing from your system then will face this kind of issues. If you want to fix this issue then you have to recover that file. You can recover this file by using Windows System File Checker utility. After doing that your problem will get solved. I hope this information will be helpful to you.

If you don’t know about how to use using Windows System File Checker utility then I will help you with this.
    • First of all you have to open the command prompt.(Make sure you are logged in as a administrator)
    • Now after that you have to type this sfc /scannow your command prompt.
    • After typing this press enter and then it will verify the integrity of every protected operating system file,
    • If you see any file repair process done after that process you have to restart the laptop.
    • (Some time your system will prompt you to restart but after doing that you have to restart the laptop manually)

After your laptop restarts try to install any software at that time you will not get this error.

If you are running windows Xp service pack 1 then you can solve this problem by downloading windows updates along with service pack 2. I have also tried this trick and after upgrading windows XP service pack 1 to windows XP service pack 2 my problem gets solved and my system has recovered all the missing files. I think you should also try this idea. I hope after doing this your problem will get solved.

If you don’t want to do windows updates in your system then you can try to solve this problem by doing this trick. If you have any other computer or laptop around you in which there is windows XP is installed then you can copy pdh.dll file from that laptop or computer and after that add that file in your laptop. if you want to do this trick then you have to first copy this file form this location %systemroot%\system32 and after that paste this file in your laptop on same location and after that you have to restart the laptop. After doing this you will not find any difficulty with your system.

You can solve this problem by doing this trick also. the file which you are missing in your laptop can be downloaded from the internet easily and after that you can add this file in your system folder. if you want to download this file then you have to search this file on the internet and after that download it. if you want any more information then please let me know.

The best way to solve this problem is to recover this file by inserting your windows operating system CD in your laptop and after that repairing your windows with the help of that CD. If you repair your operating system then it will copy all the missing system files in your laptop again and after that all your missing file problem will get solved easily. It is very smart idea then downloading pdh.dll file from internet because some time if you download any system file from internet then it is very risky because some time it may contain harmful virus and you may face some serious issues with your system.