Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 is not starting up

Windows 7 is not starting up

Hi All,

My dell inspiron 6400 win 7 is not start up, It show window logo and window start up then it free from there. I tried to boot from window 7 disk and format HD but it freeze after the window loading files. Please help.
    Thank you kindly

Re: Windows 7 is not starting up

This can be due to virus issue. Your explorer is corrupted and because of which the system freezing. There are two ways to fix it. First boot in safe mode by pressing F8 continuously when your system restarts. If you can get your desktop then run system restore by typing this in the start menu search box. Or else you can use Windows bootable disk to re-install your operating system back again. But do not forget to take your data backup.

Thanks for your advise. I tried 1st way by press F8 and boot in safemode then window loaded all drivers then freeze at \window\system32\DRIVERS\CLASSPNP.SYS
    waited for a long period of time but no responds. Then I tried to re-install OS but it's same problem (freeze). Please help

As you said you are not even able to format the drive..There might be many reason for this. Basically it indicates that your harddrive has some bad sectors. Or the installation Disk has been damaged or some scratches. better, if your lappy is still under warranty better take it for official repair. They should fix it for free and if the drive is dead you will also get the replacement.

Thanks for your supports, I replaced a new hard disk drive still unable to install OS? it's same problem. Please help

Quote Originally Posted by jlam View Post
    Thanks for your supports, I replaced a new hard disk drive still unable to install OS? it's same problem. Please help
    Than probably or i can say little sure that the problem is with your Installation Disk. Try to get some another disk or try installing from ISO (you can make iso from the disk you have) and see if it works. Till than i'll try to search some perfect solution for this.

Also, check out this article with the same problem / Solution: Windows 7 hangs at classpnp.sys for 10 minutes

Thanks again Namchan, I'll try it tonight after work.

I tried the ways you advised but it's still same problem, any other way? please help. Thanks

I tried the ways you advised but it's still same problem, any other way? please help. Thanks
    What ? You tried another disk and still it hangs ? Thats really getting annoying, isn't it. Anyways, it now seems like you have some hardware issues that is forcing the Setup to freeze. Could please let me know the configuration of your laptop ? Because many times OS setup need to be installed with minimum ram. We will see it later, after getting your config.

Herewith my laptop config
    Dell Inspiron 6400/E1505
    Intel Core Duo T5300/1.73ghz
    2gb memory DDR2 Sdram
    120GB HDD
    Video ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 256MB

I have run full Diagnostic (PSA) Pre-boot System Assessment every thing are Pass OK. Please help

After a full diagnostic completed the next screen stated that
    Missing BOOTMGR
    press ctrl+alt+del to restart.
    which I did the it just shows Microsoft window then it blank screen.

Please help. Thank you kindly

Go for the startup Repair from the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) which will solve the Missing BOOTMGR problem in windows 7:

1. Insert the Windows 7 installation disc into the disc drive, and then start the computer.

2. Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD …". appears.

3. Select a language, a time and currency, and a keyboard or input method, and then click Next.

4. Click Repair your computer.

5. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, choose the drive of your Windows installation and click Next.

6. At the System Recovery Options Dialog Box, click on Repair your computer.

7. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.

8. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Startup Repair.

Thanks for your reply, Einstein.

I've tried the steps you've posted but on the 2nd step where it asks me to press any key to boot from CD or DVD...I press it and it loads up to the windows start up screen and just freezes, I left the computer on for a few hours just to make sure it wasn't slow loading but nothing changes. If you guys can point me in the right direction on how to fix this it would be much appreciated.

Thank you all!

Could be memory issue. Sometimes memory will pass tests but still be faulty. I have also seen this happen if the cable from the screen at the laptop end is dirty or not connected properly
    Last edited by geezer; 07-07-2011 at 03:08 AM.

Thanks for your reply, Einstein.

I've tried the steps you've posted but on the 2nd step where it asks me to press any key to boot from CD or DVD...I press it and it loads up to the windows start up screen and just freezes, I left the computer on for a few hours just to make sure it wasn't slow loading but nothing changes. If you guys can point me in the right direction on how to fix this it would be much appreciated.

Thank you all!
    What part of the setup does it freeze? It could be that the disc might be corrupted. Can you check with some other disc whether it works or not? In any case, can you try to rebuild BCD using the Bootrec.exe tool. To run the Bootrec.exe tool, you must start Windows RE. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Put the Windows Vista or Windows 7 installation disc in the disc drive, and then start the computer.

2. Press a key when you are prompted. Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or an input method, and then click Next.

3. Click Repair your computer.

4. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.

5. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.

6. Type Bootrec.exe, and then press ENTER.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast