Thread: Computer not working properly after updating Windows XP.

Computer not working properly after updating Windows XP.

Hi, I had recently got a new computer for day to day use. I have been using Windows XP on my computer and it works too good for me, and even much faster as compared to other operating systems. While I was working on one of my project I got a pop-up saying to update my Windows XP, so I had tried updating it. But after updating the Windows XP I found that my computer has become quite slow then before. Does the update causes slower the computer performance?

Re: Computer not working properly after updating Windows XP.

Hi even I am looking for some similar answer for my problem, even I am good and friendly user of Windows XP. It all worked fine till yesterday but the problem started only after updating the Windows XP. After updating the Windows XP, my computer started restarting itself, and I get as "Loading Files" on the screen and then a message that says Windows could not start and asks to restart the computer. This is the same problem every time I start my computer. Is this the problem because of the updates?

Can you please tell me from where have you downloaded the latest updates for Windows XP? Was it from the Windows official site or from any unofficial site, as even I had updated my Windows XP but that worked properly in fact faster than before! I think you must have got the updates from any unofficial site or server as that could be the reason for the slow performance of your computer! So kindly check the updates and try using your computer after restarting it.

Thank you for giving your suggestions. i tried checking the updates as I don’t know from where the updates were taken as it had automatically connected itself and got the updates installed. I had to just click on option “allow” to allow the system to get the updates. As now I am thinking to uninstall these updates to make my computer work properly as before. Is there any way through which I can uninstall or delete these updates from my computer?

I guess you must have got the updates from any unofficial site that might have caused a threat to your system. So I would suggest to kindly uninstall the recent updates that you have added during last week to remove or delete these updates you will have to go to Control Panel option on your computer and select option Add/Remove Programs there you will get the option to remove files that you want select the update files and remove them after removing the updates don’t forget to scan your computer for any threat. And restart your computer hope it will work properly now.