Thread: Backtrack 5- zydas zd1211rw firmware update

Backtrack 5- zydas zd1211rw firmware update

Zydas ZD1211 chipset with driver 1211 issues a "SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such file or directory 'error ifconfig above. Or an error similar to this in dmesg: usb 1-1: Could not load firmware file zd1211/zd1211b_ub. 2. Zd1211rw error number 1-1:1.0: not capable to fill the firmware. Error number -2.This, according to aircrack-ng wiki, which capital that the firmware is not found. You must download from its official website and put the folder named ZD1211 in /lib/firmware/zd1211 and/or/lib/firmware/ /Zd1211.This should solve the problem.

Re: Backtrack 5- zydas zd1211rw firmware update

I remember this one; it was from Backtrack 4 Final. I didn't believe it would be back in Backtrack 5 will good to know b/c i have the card that uses this driver. i already download firmware zd1211 but i don't know how to install it!!!I am newbie in backtrack 5. Please help me to know how to install the drive .anyone who can guide me how to install this driver in backtrack 5.please let me know the instructions step by step.

You should just download the deb file which can be found here.
    Code:
    http://packages.debian.org/lenny/all...mware/download
    after downloading the ZD1211-firmware_2.21.0.0-0.1_all.deb, that's the one now to make the deb setting up command that, should be simple.
    Code:
    root@bt:~# dpkg -i zd1211-firmware_2.21.0.0-0.1_all.deb
    You will need to cd where you will place the file. That's what worked for me. For some cause I have difficulty sometimes with the archive. But for the the majority part are simple to install. To use the compression of the ZD1211-firmware-1.4.tar then you need to use this command.
    Code:
    root@bt:~#tar -xvwf zd1211-firmware-1.4.tar
    And cd over into the file which zd1211
    Firmware folder. Once you cd over you will install with these commands.
    Code:
    cp zd1211_* /lib/firmware/zd1211
    What is the command to the Read Me file says it is for your use. Not with so much detail, but as for novices like you and I think we should stick with the deb. if you need help, just go to youtube and search for me, I cure my mind. I'll make a video of this soon. Like on Thursday .me going to the beach, in the 18.Or you can install synaptic package manager
    Code:
    root@bt:~# apt-get install synaptic
    Then add the keys
    Code:
    root@bt:~# aptitude install debian-keyring debian-archive-keyring
    Code:
    root@bt:~# gpg --recv-keys 4D270D06F42584E6
    Code:
    root@bt:~ gpg --export 4D270D06F42584E6 | apt-key add -
    Code:
    root@bt:~# apt-key add .gnupg/pubring.gpg
    Open up the "Software Sources" wich should now be in your "Dragon Start ICON" then "System" and click on the "Software Sources". In that Gui navigate your self to "Other Software" tab and click on add. And in that "APT Line:" you will add this.
    Code:
    deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian lenny main non-free
    From that website. http://packages.debian.org/lenny/all...mware/download
    once you click and add to Close. Now just close the "Software Sources," and should attempt to update. Let update. Now can open synaptic and try to find ZD1211-firmware, but I will just give the order.
    Code:
    root@bt:~# apt-get installs zd1211-firmware
    Got installed and worked for me. Zd1211 chip usb wifi card is working without a problem.

Hello, I had exactly the same problem, managed to get wifi up yesterday, then had to reinstall and tried everything he tried yesterday and my wifi would not work, found the answer, although .LM Technologies LM001 I have usb wifi adapter and the need to configure a driver ZD1211
    Go here and download Download-firmware-1.4.tar.bz2 ZD1211 (39.1 KB) to your root directory
    Code:
    xvjf tar-firmware-1.4.tar.bz2 ZD1211 
    You should see a folder called 'ZD1211-firmware " 
    Rename the folder 'ZD1211 
    move the folder to / lib / firmware 
    check network connections and should be picking up wifi 
    then just run through 
    ifconfig 
    iwconfig

I think you should get your firmware fixed .you should get the firmware 2.0 which was working fine in backtrack 4.
    Code:
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade

I had similar difficulty I just copied the folder from backtrack 4 and put in backtrack 5. I’m sure a fail to see on the expansion, and one I am sure will be fixed on next release. It’s soreness when using live boot.hey after reading above post I manage to update the firmware by using above commands. Now my Zydas zd1211rw is working absolutely fine .I’m not facing any trouble now .I like to appreciate everyone over here for giving the solution to fix this problem.