Thread: Openthinclient installed on Virtualbox showing java error

Openthinclient installed on Virtualbox showing java error

I have recently installed Openthinclient on Virtualbox within Windows 7 x64. Every time I attempt to make a fresh realm i obtain a java error while it attempts to connect through the default user name as well as password. I obtain a null pointer error. And the error is as followed: Communication with directory failed: javax.naming.NamingException: Can’t get authentication information : java.lang.NullPointerException. Do you think that may perhaps this be caused via the truth that I have OpenJDK installed but not Oracles JDK? What could be the reason?

Re: Openthinclient installed on Virtualbox showing java error

The story of the updates of Java has changed by now. When updating new versions will now automatically remove the previous version. This new method was introduced by Sun from 6 to 11 update. Who cleaned up - for the first time - the last update 6 for 10 with it? The current version 6 h at 12 cleared the previous ... and it will now always be the case. Perhaps one reason for the automatic updates is still choosing.

I've been getting the error while demanding to PXE boot thinclients. They're detected like PXE Clients exclusive of trouble, my DHCP server is absolutely conveying an IP address toward them except while I put together them and reboot they error by means of "PXE-E53: No boot filename received". This doesn't occur while I bridge my VM's toward my outer internet connection only while I run a VirtualBox host only network otherwise while I bridge my connections toward a confidential network through a DHCP server which settled up . Therefore I believe it has to be something do with oracles.

There are more than a few subjects that might be causing this, make certain that the Mac Address is accurate intended for the Client and ensure that it is receiving the DHCP lease otherwise IP address from your router. Openthinclient does not provide out IP addresses! Furthermore, if you are doing this practically, ensure the network adapter meant for the virtual is bridged (in support of together the client as well as server) Virtualbox likes to NAT all the virtual systems and that will NOT work!

Openthinclient must work through gPXE, except I am not capable to check it. If you are utilizing Virtualbox, in that case it might be valuable to make a empty virtual machine, afterward attempt and network boot that as it utilizes an Intel PXE Rom. Furthermore, ensure that it is not being configuration by a NAT network interface except quite a bridged network interface. For me, I have integrated PXE boot rom on my systems. From what I can observe, it appears that gPXE doesn’t play good with openthinclient.

You should get the openThinClient vm-0.1.3. OpenThinClient is a thin client answer consisting of a Linux-based OS together with a complete Java-based management GUI as well as server section. It is planned for environments where an average to huge number of thin clients have got to be supported and managed professionally. This is the primary openthinclient virtual machine, a ready-to-go openthinclient server setting, counting all the most up-to-date and best the authors' thin client software suite has to present. It is intended to run on more than a few virtualization platforms similar to VirtualBox otherwise VMware vSphere / ESX / Server / Workstation.