Thread: How to install Backtrack 5 on Motorola Xoom (with Gnome UI via TightVNCServer)?

How to install Backtrack 5 on Motorola Xoom (with Gnome UI via TightVNCServer)?

I have brought Motorola Xoom two weeks ago and I was always eager to install Linux on it. And recently I have heard that backtrack team has developed Backtrack 5 ARM Version for mobile phones. I'm sure it won't be hard to port this over to the Motorola Xoom. But before porting I want to know the pre-requisites and the steps required to install backtrack 5 in my Motorola Xoom (with Gnome UI via Tight VNC Server).anyone here who can guide me how to install backtrack 5 on Motorola Xoom?

Re: How to install Backtrack 5 on Motorola Xoom (with Gnome UI via TightVNCServer)?

Pre-requisites:
    - Rooted Motorola Xoom (this might work with other devices, other honeycomb tablets, and most probable the dual-core phones like the Atrix and G2X, but it's untried at the instant)
    - androidVNC from the Android Market
    - Backtrack 5 for ARM with Gnome downloaded and setup
    -Terminal Emulator from the Android Market (which you should by now have)

Re: How to install Backtrack 5 on Motorola Xoom (with Gnome UI via TightVNCServer)?

Launch the terminal emulator and enter the next instructions:
    Code:
    cd /sdcard/BT5 (this is assuming you copied it to the default location)
    su
    sh bootbt
    BackTrack will start shell and you will local root.
    Code:
    ls pentest
    It should give back folder name pentest.enter the following commands.
    Code:
    export USER=root
    vncpasswd
    The default password of vnc is "toortoor '.When you type in 'vncpasswd "This is the password for the tightvncserver. Since only connect locally just use' qwerty 'for the password and then confirm the password. When asked whether to create a single view password type 'n' and press enter. Once the configuration password for the VNC server up.
    Code:
    tightvncserver -geometry 1280x800
    When this happens, you receive a message confirming that "new desktop 'X' is local host: 1" and a bunch of other chance belongings below it (which is not important unless there are errors in the list). At this point, press the "HOME" in the Xoom and unlock the application "androidVNC." In the "nickname", you will be able to name what you want. In the "password" entry, make use of the password (mine is 'qwerty'). In the "Address" you can type local host (or leave blank). **** Change the port from 5900 to 5901. It is also optional to set the color depth of 24 bits. After you press the "Connect" button and You roll Backtrack 5 in Motorola Xoom.

Article exceptional! Credit for receiving more and more Backtrack 5 devices.Just a quick message once it is in the chroot environment, follow these commands:. Vnc.And Startvnc and stop running vnc will automatically (you might want to change the resolution startvnc) Also, PocketCloud VNC client (free) is faster and clearer than androidvnc.And you will be able to enjoy mounted backtrack 5 on your Motorola xoom.

Once in the chroot, you can simply type:
    Code:
    startvnc
    to start the vnc server... and:
    Code:
    stopvnc
    Kill it properly and Also find the "Pocket Cloud" VNC client to be the best in terms of speed and clarity.

Outstanding piece of writing. Above all steps are easier to follow. Finally I’m able to run backtrack 5 arm version in my Motorola Xoom (with Gnome UI via TightVNCServer) and I appreciate efforts taken by the writer to write simple tutorials for everyone. Credit for receiving Backtrack 5 on more and more devices’ think tutorial was made keeping in mind that beginner won’t find hard to mount backtrack 5 on their Motorola Xoom.