Thread: Grub Rescue not reading from USB

Grub Rescue not reading from USB

I have one problem that I would like to share it with you all. That’s what I am saying here I did look out for the grub rescue in the other threads as well. It seems that the Grub Rescue does work properly only if the usb is working properly. So that’s what the issue is. This is what I am notifying to you all. I happened to install Jolicloud on my notebook and I don’t its my mistake or so, while removing the Jolicloud I accidentally happened to damage the partition it seems, now whenever I am trying to boot my notebook I am unable to do that and hence I get a grub rescue. Even I am not able to boot it via.USB. I bought this netbook just a few days ago and I want it back in the normal condition.

Re: Grub Rescue not reading from USB

Ok if both the operating system were there In the drives and also if you got rid of one of them. do one thing you need to restore the Windows bootloader. This is the most important element in this process which you will be requiring at this stage. It will be of immense help for you. so do look out for the same and that will be the perfect suggestion for you. so do as what I am saying here and let me know if the solution was of good help for you. That’s what my suggestion is for you. hope it works out.

Get hold of the windows CD that is the best thing that you must get at this point of time. So do look out for that only, it will be of lot of benefit for you. so that’s what I am saying here. Also a Ubuntu CD/USB will be of great help for you in this situation. So that’s what I want to say here, they are the most important tools at this moment. See without them you cannot continue with any of the procedure. So do keep that in the mind, it will be of lot of help for you. do let me know what is the progress in your case.

Sadly I do not have the windows CD. Is there any method from which I will be able to work on the solution even if I have the Ubuntu USB to install. That is what I am saying here and anyone of you who have sound knowledge on that then do revert back to me with the appropriate solution for the same. my notebook is so new and at the starting only it has began to give me problems like these, which I think is not at all ok for me. please do sort out the issue for me.

See if you are having the live cd or the usb then go to the following location applications, then accessories and terminal. Go there and run the following commands that have been given here
    sudo apt-get install lilo
    sudo lilo -M /dev/sda mbr
    now what this command will do is that it will assume sda is also in the windows drive and then in the process if you get to hear any warnings then just ignore the warning and continue with the installation and the problem will be solved. That’s what the solution is and hence it will be the perfect solution for you.

ok thanks for that I will surely give a try for the same and will let you know about it. so thanks a lot for all the information that you have given here. Appreciate that you did help me in sorting out the issue, so thanks a ton for the same. That's what i want to say here to all of you, thanks a lot for all the suggestions that you have given here. appreciate your efforts for the same here, thanks a ton everyone.