Thread: Unable to locate the important data with wubi update to ubuntu 10.10

Unable to locate the important data with wubi update to ubuntu 10.10

Hello everyone I have come here to seek some help from you all and hence that’s what I am saying here. I have a partition in which one of them I have installed ubuntu and in the other one I have installed the windows xp, so what I am asking is that I used wubi and updated to 10.10, now the problem is that after that update I am not able to locate any important data of the laptop. I am not able to locate any operating system of the laptop. So what should I do in the situation like these where I am not getting any breakthrough for the problem. So I just want to know if the update did erase my update, If yes then do let me know about it.

Re: Unable to locate the important data with wubi update to ubuntu 10.10

See the problem is not with the update. The thing is that you will be needing the recovery CD to get the problem solved. So that’s what I am saying here. Hope you do look at the same as well. The data might have not wiped out and also the data has not been removed, so do not worry for the same get a good recovery software with the help of which you will be getting the data recovered. So do look at the solutions that I have given here and I am sure that it will be of good help for you.

First of all you must not make use of the Wubi in the situations like there there are three strong reasons why you should never opt for the Wubi first and the foremost reason behind that is you cannot completely dependant on that, it is also not suitable for the long term overall use and also it is not recommended while upgrading. So better not use it when you are thinking of upgrading and hence from the next time better be aware of that product. So do as what I am saying here. Hope it does helps you in sorting out the issue here that’s what I am saying here.

Just look for the XP Cd and from there try to boot from the Cd itself. see if that helps you in sorting out the issue here. That will be of definite help for you. otherwise there is a long procedure which you can definitely try out here and the solution for the problem is that if you must know the name of the folder which yu had stored and if you know it then the procedure is quite simple for you.
    Check out this code
    sudo find / -name filename
    now you just have to enter the file name and hence you will get the necessary solution for what you were looking for.

See what I am saying is that take the help of any live cd from where you can find it such s of the windows xp or the linux and try booting it from there. Even MS bootloader in the MBR can also be a good help for you in the booting process but I am not sure whether it runs in the wubi environment. So its upon you to have a check on the same. that’s what I am suggesting you, do read it properly and work out for the solutions. It will be of definite help for you.

Ok sure I will look at the different suggestions that you have given here. Appreciate that you did gave importance for the problem of mine. So that’s what I want to say here. Anyways thanks a lot for all the suggestions that you have given here. This is what I want to say here. Also I will let you know if the particular problem does gets solved or not. Thats what i am trying to say here, so do look out for the same here.