Thread: Installing Windows XP on Sony Vaio pcg fx220

Installing Windows XP on Sony Vaio pcg fx220

Hello everyone, I have a Sony Viao laptop Pcg FX 220 and I had install millennium edition on it from the quite long time, but now I want to install windows xp on It, but as now I am finding it difficult to do it, my Laptop was operating perfectly before I had partition my hdd, as before I had no problem with operating but as I am bit comfortable with Windows XP so I thought of shift to it, while I am trying to format it I am getting notification like “Invalid system disk replace the disk, and then press any key to continue, I think something went wrong while formatting it, now I am unable to use my millennium also, so my all works comes to a still, I really needs some experts helps on this issue, your help will means to me a lot. Thanks in advance.

Installing Windows XP on Sony Vaio pcg fx220

As you mention that your Laptop was working properly before have tried to install Windows XP on it, so it’s might be some problem occurs, while you are installing you Windows on your Viao Laptop, so my suggestion is that you should again have to go with the format procedure, and this time not using the quick format option while formatting any drive of your HDD, use full format option while formatting, as it is the best option for formatting and removing any error, which might not be possible by using Quick format option.

Re: Installing Windows XP on Sony Vaio pcg fx220

There is possibility that some error is occurring due to the improper procedure of formatting, as you had tried before it, so my suggestion is that you should try a tool for creating partition i.e., magic pro 8.05 for formatting the full drive on your system and while doing that also keep insert your Windows XP CD in your DVD drive, because after completing the formatting procedure, software will direct the further procedure toward widows XP for installing the Operating System.

If you have a CD which is Microsoft installation CD and for which the product key has been properly and legally used on the Sony Viao Laptop, as what I means here is it is the installation CD can be use for multiple time or can be OEM XP CD which is usually comes with Dell’s Laptop and if the XP on the CD is not genuine or properly as per the License procedure of the Xp on Sony, than for that purpose you will not get any support from Sony supports site or from any care center, so if you XP is fulfilling the condition to be get compatible with Sony’s laptop than inform me with the further detail so that I will able to assist you on this more clearly.

As if you had already install your OEM XP on other Laptop or computer than let me clear with this that it is not gonna work for you, as OEM XP based CD are has been made for using one time only, you cannot install XP system Presented on it to the other Laptop or computer, and any recovery disk like IBM recovery disc if you are using than don’t let your efforts to be get waste, as because, this will prove to be no use for you, just will make you more confuse on this issue and waste your time, as while OEM disk might get install, so further it is not gonna operate more than 30 days, which is meant as trial period and you have to insert a product Key which will able to Validate the system for further use.

Let me add something to this conversation, there must be possibility that you are getting this error as because your CD had got some Scratched or may have some dirt settled on it, as while you had formatted you system, as most of the time while format this kind of error happens because of much Scratches on the XP CD, so try cleaning the CD first with the soft cloth and if there is dirt on it than it will clear or even after that also the problem is not going than, so take your XP CD to the other system and create the Copy of it and then try to format the System again and proceed with installation procedure.

Now you should try formatting the drive using NTFS, and use the recovery disk on your system before installing the XP, and for formatting and for creating partition you can even use boot leg for it, it is much easier and less complicated for the starters and you know how to format and create partition by using ME that it will also works, and this time while formation you have to format all the partition fully and then create the new one, this will remove all the possible error that you have been facing while installation. And after trying this post here with the reply, about the results.