Thread: Backtrack 5-cracking WEP with no client

Backtrack 5-cracking WEP with no client

I followed the tutorial on the site airckack-ng to crack a WEP key lacking customers. I have the code word in hexadecimal. They tried to use to log into the dummy and Wicd access point says is the wrong password (made certain to set a password to hexadecimal Wicd). Seeing as it is in hex not know if it is right or not. Aircrack can revise the wrong password? Or, this is an error in Wicd? I was able to get into my regular access point with Wicd and got no password mistake.

re: Backtrack 5-cracking WEP with no client

Aircrack will check against the packet dump provided.
    For example:
    KEY FOUND! 100% correctness [11:22:33:44:55]
    Key: 1122334455
    in addition make certain if you are copy/pasting that there is no white space before or after the key
    you can try to fix via console:
    Code:
    iwconfig <interface> essid <essid>
    iwconfig <interface> key <key>
    dhclient <interface>

Well, that sounds pretty good, although it would have to check that . You may have forgotten that when we connect parody later .And if it is MAC filtering, then it's just an incorrect password, or an error. In any case, we would need more information about what is being done. (I think the chop attack or fragmentation does not require you to be authenticated, and access point will respond anyway, mac filtering or not. I'm not sure.

It is so hard to firmware / driver developers to implement custom routines in your code to protect against access point aircrack attacks. For example: the fight against counterfeit software authentication procedure may simply decline to authenticate and associate fake client, when the real actively connected client. , that sounds pretty good, although it would have to check that. I hope it works for everyone.

Maybe the fragmentation of time. Again, I agree! Ops seems to have disappeared, so I guess we'll know more when I get back! Usually an access point will discard all packets from a Mac, not on their approved list if MAC address filtering is enabled. Could run a fragmentation attack against a client, but for the OP there are no customers.i hope this information for people who want help in wep client in backtrack 5.please let me know if you got any more doubt.