Thread: S.E.T error in backtrack 5

S.E.T error in Backtrack 5

When I ever I run set I get error

UPX packer not found in the pathname specified in config. Disabling UPX packing for executable! I noticed UPX wasn't installed at /pentest/database/sqlmap/lib/contrib/upx/linux/upx so I installed it to usr/bin/upx and updated the config but it still says [!] UPX was not detected. Try configuring the set_config again.Any help on this issuse

Re: S.E.T error in backtrack 5

Code:
    grep-R # UPX/pentest /exploits/set/
    in the results, there is a line set_config says:

Code:
    UPX_PATH = / pentest / database /sqlmap /lib / contrib./UPX/Linux/a
    tried to alter to that directory, but are not there. Then I do an
    Code:
    apt-get install sqlmap.
    It installs in /pentest /web/scanner/ sqlmap
    attempt to compile with the instructions and see if that helps everyone.

Sorry for not late response. I tried this myself, and still receive the "Something went wrong, printing the error: unpack requires a string argument of length 8".Adjust the path of UPX seems to help relieve the first error, "not UPX packer is in the path “Also, just noticed your note on your initial message.
    Not sure how to fix this problem. I'm going to google-city.Rewritethanks for everyone help. Still need further assistant .

Had the same problem but only in backtrack5-64Bits Edition .I fix the path but I had the same issue.

Enter your choice (enter for default): 16
    [-] Enter the PORT of the listener (enter for default):

[-] Backdooring a legit executable to bypass Anti-Virus. Wait a few seconds...
    [-] Backdoor completed successfully. Payload is now hidden within a legit executable
    .[*] UPX Encoding is set to ON, attempting to pack the executable with UPX encoding.[*] Packing the executable with UPX, one moment.[*] Digital Signature Stealing is ON, hijacking a legit digital certificate.

I believe this has something to do with the DIGITAL_SIGNATURE_STEAL=ON directive, in set_config.
    The reason I think this, is because, the point when SET reaches this:[*] Digital Signature Stealing is ON, hijacking a legit digital certificate.
    This is when SET throws the "unpack requires a string argument of length 8".
    Going in, and altering the DIGITAL_SIGNATURE_STEAL to OFF, and the attack plays out.
    I did a dpkg --get-selections | grep pefile and python-pefile is installed.
    That's concerning all I can shape out, at this point. Hope that helps.

Having the same issue. I changed UPX_PATH in /pentest/exploits/set/config/set_config
    to UPX_PATH=/pentest/web/scanners/sqlmap/lib/contrib/upx/linux/upx

and I still get the following error in SET:[*] UPX packer not found in the pathname specified in config. Disabling UPX packing for executable!
    /pentest/web/scanners/sqlmap/lib/contrib./upx/Linux/upx appears to be the correct path - so I'm stumped.
    Running BT5_GNOME-VM-32 image.
    Also - I can verify that setting DIGITAL_SIGNATURE_STEAL to OFF fixes the UPX issue... definitely a little odd going on with config has both set.